Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: South Sudan???

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    856
    Likes (Received)
    552
    Thanks (Received)
    58

    Default South Sudan???

    The Nobel Prize winner is now sending ground forces to South Sudan...along with $101M
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    1,029
    Likes (Received)
    241
    Thanks (Received)
    46

    Default Re: South Sudan???

    http://www.defensenews.com/article/2...-African-Union

    "...the Obama administration informed Congress Thursday evening that it deployed [45] soldiers from the US Army’s East Africa Response Force to the capital of Juba to help evacuate American citizens and ensure the safety of embassy personnel there."

    And the $101M, is for equipment and transporation for the UN, French and African Peacekeeping actions in sub-saharan Africa.
    Last edited by imnohero; 12-21-2013 at 12:48 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Crossroads of America
    Posts
    388
    Likes (Received)
    131
    Thanks (Received)
    10

    Default Re: South Sudan???

    I clicked the link: the pic has a guy with an M4 in one hand and an 870 Remington 12 gauge in the other. Scroll to the bottom and I see and three Indian peacekeepers were killed earlier this week when a UN compound was overrun by a group of armed men. We're sending 45 guys?

    Warm and fuzzy I am not.
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Crossroads of America
    Posts
    388
    Likes (Received)
    131
    Thanks (Received)
    10

    Default Re: South Sudan???

    And so it begins...

    US aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan

    http://video.foxnews.com/v/295937780...n-south-sudan/
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    551
    Likes (Received)
    175
    Thanks (Received)
    19

    Default Re: South Sudan???

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo432 View Post
    I clicked the link: the pic has a guy with an M4 in one hand and an 870 Remington 12 gauge in the other. Scroll to the bottom and I see and three Indian peacekeepers were killed earlier this week when a UN compound was overrun by a group of armed men. We're sending 45 guys?

    Warm and fuzzy I am not.
    Depends on the 45 guys.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Crossroads of America
    Posts
    388
    Likes (Received)
    131
    Thanks (Received)
    10

    Default Re: South Sudan???

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Depends on the 45 guys.
    Excellent point.
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    551
    Likes (Received)
    175
    Thanks (Received)
    19

    Default Re: South Sudan???

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo432 View Post
    Excellent point.
    Yea I mean you put 45 joes or Marines there it wont accomplish much. You put 2 ODAs and some support people you might be able to accomplish more, but i dont know.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Crossroads of America
    Posts
    388
    Likes (Received)
    131
    Thanks (Received)
    10

    Default Re: South Sudan???

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Yea I mean you put 45 joes or Marines there it wont accomplish much. You put 2 ODAs and some support people you might be able to accomplish more, but i dont know.
    You mean like turn a thousand or so untrained locals into a well-armed, cohesive combat force?
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    551
    Likes (Received)
    175
    Thanks (Received)
    19

    Default Re: South Sudan???

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo432 View Post
    You mean like turn a thousand or so untrained locals into a well-armed, cohesive combat force?
    Exactly. It works. Its what theyre supposed to do based off of their doctrine instead of the DA stuff theyve ben doing.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Crossroads of America
    Posts
    388
    Likes (Received)
    131
    Thanks (Received)
    10

    Default Re: South Sudan???

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Exactly. It works. Its what theyre supposed to do based off of their doctrine instead of the DA stuff theyve ben doing.
    Just ask the North Vietnamese.
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •