Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on this ???

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Thoughts on this ???

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...ativity-scene/

I am in no way a religious person but what others choose to believe in/celebrate/etc is no concern to me. I think the AF caved on this one and should have left it up.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Thoughts on this ???

Well... the article you linked to is certainly not written in an objective manner. No surprise there. It seems that any time religion is the focus, the warring factions line up and prepare for battle.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

"Apparently, an undisclosed number of Airmen were so emotionally troubled by the sight of a manger scene that they immediately notified the MRFF"

Whether its true or not...SMH!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Well... the article you linked to is certainly not written in an objective manner. No surprise there. It seems that any time religion is the focus, the warring factions line up and prepare for battle.
    Pretty much my thoughts here as well, hard to speculate towards an article which is so littered by all of the hyperbole and demagoguery to try to get people to spew out standard talking points. I would have to say the devil's probably in the details.
    Last edited by AJBIGJ; 12-09-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Sorry about the link, definitely a biased author. Tried to find other but haven't had any luck yet.
    Last edited by denmom; 12-09-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by denmom View Post
    Sorry about the link, definitely a biased author. Tried to find other but haven't had any luck yet.
    I'm not sure you'll find a lot of plain, factual information about it unless you discover something more local.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Sorry? Don't be sorry. I think this is a great tie-in to another, currently, active thread.

Fox News commentator Sarah Palin, the author of the new book, “Good Tidings and Great Joy,” said what happened at Shaw Air Force base is not surprising.

'We see stories like this every day and yet leftwing pundits still claim that the so-called ‘War on Christmas’ is a figment of the imagination,' Palin told me. 'The War on Christmas is just the top of the spear in a larger battle to marginalize expressions of faith and make true religious freedom a thing of the past.'

Palin’s book is a call to arms for Americans to 'stand strong on America’s faith-filled foundation.'

“Never let these scrooges strip away the true meaning of Christmas,' she told me."

Spoken like a woman, a mom, and a patriot! Bet she could pass the Marine's infantry officers school.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I actually kind of stand corrected, some of what sounds like "exaggeration" seems to be fairly legit!

MRFF Article:
    http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom....e_12-6-13.html

James Madison

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I think we seem to be experiencing people seeking "Freedom From Religion" more and more frequently. If I'm not mistaken (not in the AF or anywhere near the locality myself), the individuals responsible are rather notorious for these types of complaints. It would seem they have a little more clout on that base than they used to. Or it could just be the base commanders find it easier just not dealing with them because they sound like a giant pain in the ass.

James Madison

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

No need to apologize. It is becoming more and more difficult to find objective reporting in the media. Soon, it will be:

"And now for the weather report, sponsored by the Nazi Party... Over to you, Tom!"
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Thread Information