Thanks (Received)

Default AF Captain acquitted

Seems like the jury decided right

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/a-wom...-code-1.255001

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: AF Captain acquitted

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBen View Post
    Another case of he said she said. Why did it take 6 days for her to come forward THATíS MY ONLY QUESTION? Also people especially civilians due not realize in a court martial it does not have to be unanimous for a convection. If I get tried downtown and 11 say guilty and one says not guilty I am good to go

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBen View Post
    Not sure how they could have come to any other conclusion. These cases lack the most important elements necessary for conviction: hard evidence. Guy might be guilty as hell, but almost impossible to prove.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I couldn't read the entire article...the reporter's bias was so obvious. When I first wrote the first sentence I used the word author instead of reporter. I corrected it but "author" is much more appropriate, there was a lot of conjecture and opinion in the article.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I disagree, based on what I read, he seems guilty.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Capt Alfredo, hit the nail...aquitted means they couldn't prove it, not that he didn't do it. I tend to agree with ChiefKO...the article was terrible. It got one thing right anyway, niether of these people "won" anything. Both of their lives are changed for the worse.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    Capt Alfredo, hit the nail...aquitted means they couldn't prove it, not that he didn't do it. I tend to agree with ChiefKO...the article was terrible. It got one thing right anyway, niether of these people "won" anything. Both of their lives are changed for the worse.
    That's it in a nutshell, I will say though this will definitely serve as cannon fodder for the bill politicians are now pushing to take rape cases out of the military justice system completely. It has a fairly growing support network, I won't go as far as to call it good or bad necessarily. I do think personally that military rape statistics are a little bit blown out of proportion, and I think the growing number of "reports" is actually a good thing, not a bad thing. I think our past was a history where the environment was so toxic towards rape/sexual assault reporting that virtually nobody came forward. Now that we've begun to change that, more people are coming forward because the system is changing for the positive, but is reflected negatively because the growing number of reports misleads us to believe, because the statistics seem higher, that the problem has actually gotten worse recently. I would contend the number of incidents probably has not really changed much over the past 2 decades, but more people are coming forward when it does occur.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Thread Information