Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Kids being kids, or a hate crime??

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Kids being kids, or a hate crime??

Ok. So recently we have seen a new "Game" emerge in the cities, where gangs of youths (so far all have been groups of black youths) who go out looking to "knock out" someone in one punch... Some say they are 'polar bear hunting' which to me turns it into an obvious race issue (hunting whitey). What's everyone's opinion on this?

Juvenile delinquency experts say the best way to deal with this is Empathy training. Sorry but i have to toss the BS flag there. Charge these buttheads with murder AND a hate crime and see how many more "undisciplined youths' decide to do it.
    Go like some pacific islands do when they get delinquents, Cane their asses..

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2013/11/2.../?subscriber=1

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Kids being kids, or a hate crime??

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Ok. So recently we have seen a new "Game" emerge in the cities, where gangs of youths (so far all have been groups of black youths) who go out looking to "knock out" someone in one punch... Some say they are 'polar bear hunting' which to me turns it into an obvious race issue (hunting whitey). What's everyone's opinion on this?

Juvenile delinquency experts say the best way to deal with this is Empathy training. Sorry but i have to toss the BS flag there. Charge these buttheads with murder AND a hate crime and see how many more "undisciplined youths' decide to do it.
    Go like some pacific islands do when they get delinquents, Cane their asses..

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2013/11/2.../?subscriber=1
    Okay, I look at it like this:

The George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case... do I believe that it should have been a hate crime? No. Do I believe that Trayvon Martin was profiled because of his race? Yes. I believe that race had something to do with it, but not to the point where it's a hate crime.

I have similar feelings on the "Knockout Game."

White people are targets, but not necessarily because of their race in and of itself. What makes whites more likely to be victims of this is the perception that there will be less "street repercussions" for attacking them. This is why they're not attacking other blacks or Latinos. You knock out an old black woman, her son might be a Crip. You knock out a weaker looking Latino kid, and his brother might be a Latin King.

There are blacks all over youtube speaking out on this, and calling these punks out for being too chicken shit to try to knock each other out.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Okay, I look at it like this:

The George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case... do I believe that it should have been a hate crime? No. Do I believe that Trayvon Martin was profiled because of his race? Yes. I believe that race had something to do with it, but not to the point where it's a hate crime.

I have similar feelings on the "Knockout Game."

White people are targets, but not necessarily because of their race in and of itself. What makes whites more likely to be victims of this is the perception that there will be less "street repercussions" for attacking them. This is why they're not attacking other blacks or Latinos. You knock out an old black woman, her son might be a Crip. You knock out a weaker looking Latino kid, and his brother might be a Latin King.

There are blacks all over youtube speaking out on this, and calling these punks out for being too chicken shit to try to knock each other out.
    I'm thinking more or less of something along the same lines. "Hate crimes" implies this is some sort act based on a deep-seated hatred a person displays towards anyone who falls under a certain demographic, even though I despise the term I understand for what it was intended.

I remember myself as a teenager and some of the things I was encouraged to participate in at the time are not a drastic departure from this, although I never used violence against persons I understand how young teenagers could find such a thing humorous. Looking retrospectively I personally believe it stems by a combination of ignorance and a desire for attention typical during puberty coupled with the physical capability of doing actual harm. Dragging race into this topic solely based on these "polar bear" comments would be a very irresponsible idea.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

This has been going on at least as far back as 2005. It's suddenly caught the media attention since, it's started happening to jews in New York. Now,Rainmaker personally don't think the term "hate" crime should exist. violent crime is violent crime. Let them bring that shit down here in the bottom where 1/2 the population is packing. Anyone who thinks this is not racially motivated is either delusional or a liar.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

This crap has been going on for years in Baltimore. There is a street gang in South West Baltimore that part of the initiation is going over to Federal Hill (white neighborhood) and kicking a white guy's ass and taking his wallet.

It is a racial crime if you ask me, but I also think the concept behind hate crime laws are stupid. Crime is crime, why ask a court or jury to even attempt to read someone's mind?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Webster's defines a hate crime as: any of various crimes (as assault or defacement of property) when motivated by hostility to the victim as a member of a group (as one based on color, creed, gender, or sexual orientation) - so I would say these attacks appear to be hate crimes. Odd how the definition doesn't use the word hate or animosity about a person's background. But I guess it's easier to lump them all in one term rather than race crime, gender crime, etc.

Definitely would be labeled a hate crime if it were whites attacking blacks.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid View Post
    Webster's defines a hate crime as: any of various crimes (as assault or defacement of property) when motivated by hostility to the victim as a member of a group (as one based on color, creed, gender, or sexual orientation) - so I would say these attacks appear to be hate crimes. Odd how the definition doesn't use the word hate or animosity about a person's background. But I guess it's easier to lump them all in one term rather than race crime, gender crime, etc.

Definitely would be labeled a hate crime if it were whites attacking blacks.
    Partially why I hate the term so much, that in addition to what AA stated.

Still, it really comes down to what is the source of the activity. My first thoughts are juvenile delinquency. I personally think the justice system should fully prosecute these individuals to the fullest extent of the law in accordance with associated statutes.

That being said, it's important not to make this out to be more than it is. I don't have any reason, from any evidence presented, that this "game" is a genuine attempt to "stick it to the whitey" under the shield of skewed "political correctness". The fact that we latch onto a couple of ignorant words to make it so really speaks to the polarized state we're in. It is basically a more violent version of stealing hood ornaments and spray painting lewd phrases on brick walls. It is not the first (or wherever anyone thinks we are) shot in a nationwide race war.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

"Log rolling," is what it's termed in these parts. Nothing new.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Crap like this is exactly why I conceal carry. They better knock me out first punch or the S&W 40 will be pulled to defend myself or anyone around me.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    This crap has been going on for years in Baltimore. There is a street gang in South West Baltimore that part of the initiation is going over to Federal Hill (white neighborhood) and kicking a white guy's ass and taking his wallet.

It is a racial crime if you ask me, but I also think the concept behind hate crime laws are stupid. Crime is crime, why ask a court or jury to even attempt to read someone's mind?
    I agree. I think race makes them the target, but is not the motive. They're simply choosing victims based on the perceived likelihood of having to answer for their actions on the streets. Notice how the white victims tend to be hipsters and white collar types.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Thread Information