Thread: Race-Baiting Free Zone, An Article that is Genuinely Newsworthy!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Race-Baiting Free Zone, An Article that is Genuinely Newsworthy!

It appears a growing number of people are becoming dissatisfied with the Main Stream Media and the way the news is presented, here is an article dealing with the subject:
    MSM Protests Worldwide:
    http://benswann.com/worldwide-protes...nstream-media/
    I encourage viewers to seek out other sources (and feel free to contribute them) and state whether you feel this cause is legitimate. I personally hope it makes OWS look like a brushfire by comparison.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Race-Baiting Free Zone, An Article that is Genuinely Newsworthy!

Personally, I think this is stupid. It's people who are upset because news isn't presented the way they want it to be. At least I can say that news presented in the mainstream media is based on facts that are known and generally accepted at the time. Even if it's from a source that I disagree with - like Fox News. I may not like their spin on it, but the meat and potatoes is the meat and potatoes.

"Alternative" news sources tend to be even more extremely to the left or right, and are often based on conspiracy theories. That said, the increase in reliance on "alternative" media shows an increase in the inclination of people to only believe things that they want to hear.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Personally, I think this is stupid. It's people who are upset because news isn't presented the way they want it to be. At least I can say that news presented in the mainstream media is based on facts that are known and generally accepted at the time. Even if it's from a source that I disagree with - like Fox News. I may not like their spin on it, but the meat and potatoes is the meat and potatoes.

"Alternative" news sources tend to be even more extremely to the left or right, and are often based on conspiracy theories. That said, the increase in reliance on "alternative" media shows an increase in the inclination of people to only believe things that they want to hear.
    I'm sure there are a few lazy idealogues in the bunch as well, intellectual laziness certainly is not confined merely to the centrists in our society. I personally like the idea of it because I think it's a sign that, at least some, want to encourage critical thinking and fact-finding over following rote pre-written narratives that are misleading at best and outright false on occasion.

I will submit, there is a danger that many people will wind up being misled by the sheer saturation from the information they seek. I personally think it is up to the individual to essentially seek out the "devil's advocates" of the information and see if there are legitimate issues to be sought from there as well.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I also think that being anti-mainstream ANYTHING has been "en vogue" for probably the last 20 to 30 years now. When someone finds something different from what others are into, it makes them feel like they're above the plebeian.

It's my understanding, for example, that one could drink a Budweiser in the early 1980's; and there were no beer snobs around to turn their noses up at you. Michelob was the step up, if you had the extra buck to spend. Now, everyone is drinking hefeweizens, bocks, porters, etc from companies no one has ever heard of because it makes them feel special. Drink a Bud around these guys, and they'll try to make you feel like the fat kid on the playground.

I don't think it's much difference when it comes mainstream media.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I also think that being anti-mainstream ANYTHING has been "en vogue" for probably the last 20 to 30 years now. When someone finds something different from what others are into, it makes them feel like they're above the plebeian.

It's my understanding, for example, that one could drink a Budweiser in the early 1980's; and there were no beer snobs around to turn their noses up at you. Michelob was the step up, if you had the extra buck to spend. Now, everyone is drinking hefeweizens, bocks, porters, etc from companies no one has ever heard of because it makes them feel special. Drink a Bud around these guys, and they'll try to make you feel like the fat kid on the playground.

I don't think it's much difference when it comes mainstream media.
    Probably true to a certain extent but I would say there's a massive difference from a techology perspective in the way the information is disseminated between now and then. I think the dialogue is very good to have about this, I doubt if I would ever see you pose an argument that Fox presents 100% factual information at all times with no attempts to mislead. I'm sure that would be a completely rhetorical question for me to ask. Alternative Media in this case is very loosely defined, at least from what I have encountered thus far. Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert could be included in this category, not because they lack mainstream appeal but because they are pretty straightforward in stating that they are satire first and use the news as a way for humorist appeal. I personally find a predominance of individuals that appear to be absolutely incapable of deviating from the talking points they hear from their favorite MSM source. I personally think this is a cancer to our society far more dangerous than anything else you read about or hear about today.

James Madison

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Another article, a bit scathing for my personal tastes, but some of its content has a ring of truth to it, in my own personal opinion. I definitely know I personally try to move myself away from these types of tendencies where possible.
    Sheeple?:
    http://personalliberty.com/2013/11/1...ple-heres-why/

James Madison

Thread Information