Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Michigan woman’s Boston Marathon bombing costume sparks outrage, threats

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Michigan woman’s Boston Marathon bombing costume sparks outrage, threats

A woman who dressed as a bloody Boston Marathon bombing victim unleashed the wrath of Internet vigilantes.

Alicia Ann Lynch, 22, posted a pic of herself wearing the gory Halloween costume on her Twitter account.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  28.0 KB

I mean common seriously... What is this girl thinking? Who seriously is going to find that funny and/or appropiate? I think death threats is over the top but sometimes I question the thinking process of some people.

What you guys think?

Link to article:http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1505395#bmb=1
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Michigan woman’s Boston Marathon bombing costume sparks outrage, threats

Google "Alicia Ann Lynch Tumblr". I think you'll end up forgiving her. ;-)

**Edit: I don't mean that you'll literally forgive her . . but you have to admit, she has a decent package going for herself. But she's obviously just looking for attention (she got it).
    Last edited by jshiver15; 11-05-2013 at 01:10 AM.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Michigan woman’s Boston Marathon bombing costume sparks outrage, threats

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post

**Edit: I don't mean that you'll literally forgive her . . but you have to admit, she has a decent package going for herself. But she's obviously just looking for attention (she got it).

Oh boy!!! I fear for what this thread will become.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Dem teddies!!!!
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

It worked for Miley Cyrus, it worked for Madonna, same basic principle applies...
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post

Might want to put a NSFW disclaimer on that!
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I don't condone the cyber (or real life) bullying. Stating one's anger over the costume choice is fine. That can be done without bullying.

For what it's worth I read several messages in her statement to BuzzFeed.................I believe she is sorry for the choice but not because she truly thinks it was insensitive but more because of the reaction she has gotten and the impact on her life.

"...............Though Lynch seems able to let most of the threats slide down her back, some in particular affect her — namely, the ones having to do with rape, an experience she tearily described undergoing last Thanksgiving.

“When people bring up the rape stuff it kind of hits a spot, but I don’t show it. I’m over it, but it’s something that I would never, ever wish upon someone no matter what they had done. They can dress however they want.”

Despite the backlash, Lynch said she never second-guessed her marathon costume and said multiple people she brought it up to found the idea funny. She claimed she had seen other people on Twitter dressed as Boston Marathon victims, and blamed the uproar around her costume, rather than around others’, on the fact that she is a woman.

“Honestly, it’s the Day of the Dead,” she says. “I wasn’t a dead person, I wasn’t being disrespectful. I was a survivor of a marathon. And it’s not like I was walking around with a fake leg or my arm torn off or something like that.”

She added that although she lost her job — which she declined to describe — she sees it as a push to do something new, and isn’t concerned about future employers googling her. Asked if she thinks she’ll be able to secure another job, she replied, “Yeah, I don’t think I’ll have an issue with that.”

“It doesn’t really bother me,” she said about the idea of others searching for her on the internet. “I have nothing to hide. It happened, I made a mistake. I just have to learn from it. I’m not a terrible person...............”

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

What about Northwestern University and their "wounded warrior" uniform with what looks like blood spatter on it?

Is that in bad taste?

Views: 628
Size:  68.4 KB

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    What about Northwestern University and their "wounded warrior" uniform with what looks like blood spatter on it?

Is that in bad taste?

Views: 628
Size:  68.4 KB
    Not sure if it is IN bad taste . . but definitely bad taste itself. Then again, I'm not a fan of people using the American flag as a fashion accessory, anyways.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

An attention whore. Nothing more. Just like the young woman about three years ago, in Arlington National Cemetery, pretending to shout at a "Please be Quiet" sign. Be careful what you wish for.

Thread Information