Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Most DOD Civs will return to work Monday

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    540
    Likes (Received)
    436
    Thanks (Received)
    43

    Default Most DOD Civs will return to work Monday

    Anybody get told yet to go back to work? Are you one of those people who are not really THAT essential, but kinda, partly, barely essential enough to get called back tomorrow? Or are you less essential than the rats feeding on your snack bar crumbs at night? Must feel good to be one of "those guys."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    858
    Likes (Received)
    553
    Thanks (Received)
    58

    Default Re: Most DOD Civs will return to work Monday

    Not called yet...although with the blizzard the base is still in road condition Red and power is still being restored. I am assuming I'll get the call, but unsure of when our roads will be plowed so we can get out of our neighborhood.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    540
    Likes (Received)
    436
    Thanks (Received)
    43

    Default Re: Most DOD Civs will return to work Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    So half go back to work and get paid and the other half stay home and get paid?
    It appears DoD wants those getting paid to return to work, not stay home. As much as I enjoy getting paid to stay home, I have things I'd like to get done at work. I'm falling behind and that's creating its own kind of stress that I don't need.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,597
    Likes (Received)
    204
    Thanks (Received)
    32

    Default Re: Most DOD Civs will return to work Monday

    Our commissary will reopen on Tuesday. Monday is the regular day of closure.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,706
    Likes (Received)
    720
    Thanks (Received)
    75

    Default Re: Most DOD Civs will return to work Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by OtisRNeedleman View Post
    Our commissary will reopen on Tuesday. Monday is the regular day of closure.
    Yep...ours does too...good news...please remember to tip your baggers...I need beer money.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    540
    Likes (Received)
    436
    Thanks (Received)
    43

    Default Re: Most DOD Civs will return to work Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Yep...ours does too...good news...please remember to tip your baggers...I need beer money.
    Ok, self checkout it is!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Highlands
    Posts
    795
    Likes (Received)
    514
    Thanks (Received)
    41

    Default Re: Most DOD Civs will return to work Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Yep...ours does too...good news...please remember to tip your baggers...I need beer money.
    The commissaries in the UK are staffed with plenty of Filippinas and high schoolers; they have not suffered too much. At the Mildenhall shit-ass commissary, there is a surly lady who works the registers who, instead of waddling over and checking people's IDs at the self-checkout lines, will yell across the room to "SHOW YOUR ID!". Last week I held up my driver's license and she just gave me a thumbs-up. Maybe this week I'll see if I can get away with showing my English Heritage membership card.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,706
    Likes (Received)
    720
    Thanks (Received)
    75

    Default Re: Most DOD Civs will return to work Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    Ok, self checkout it is!
    You didn't need to say anything...you're an officer...it's a given you will either bag your own or just not tip...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,706
    Likes (Received)
    720
    Thanks (Received)
    75

    Default Re: Most DOD Civs will return to work Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    The commissaries in the UK are staffed with plenty of Filippinas and high schoolers; they have not suffered too much. At the Mildenhall shit-ass commissary, there is a surly lady who works the registers who, instead of waddling over and checking people's IDs at the self-checkout lines, will yell across the room to "SHOW YOUR ID!". Last week I held up my driver's license and she just gave me a thumbs-up. Maybe this week I'll see if I can get away with showing my English Heritage membership card.
    I love that lady...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    540
    Likes (Received)
    436
    Thanks (Received)
    43

    Default Re: Most DOD Civs will return to work Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    You didn't need to say anything...you're an officer...it's a given you will either bag your own or just not tip...
    And given the choice between full serve or self serve gas, I choose self serve. How about you?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •