Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sam's Club waives shopping fees for military during government shutdown

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Sam's Club waives shopping fees for military during government shutdown

http://www.dailypress.com/features/s...tory?track=rss

By Nicole Paitsel

Daily Press

9:45 a.m. EDT, October 4, 2013
    Sam's Club announced Thursday that it would waive shopping fees for anyone who has a military I.D. in response to the government shutdown.

Throughout the duration of the shutdown, members of the military and their families can shop at Sam's Club without paying for a membership or paying the 10 percent convenience fee for non-members.

Military shoppers must show their valid military I.D.s to be issued a pass. The passes will be issued for one day at a time until the shutdown is over.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Sam's Club waives shopping fees for military during government shutdown

Very nice of them. Especially if you need a 5lb bag of gummy bears, 50 pack of cupcakes, a 200 count box of fish sticks, and a 1/2 gallon of Vaseline intensive care lotion.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Sam's Club waives shopping fees for military during government shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by ttribe View Post
    Very nice of them. Especially if you need a 5lb bag of gummy bears, 50 pack of cupcakes, a 200 count box of fish sticks, and a 1/2 gallon of Vaseline intensive care lotion.
    you should stock up, then sell after the next PT test; from what i hear that can score you some serious bullets on your epr as well as make a bunch of fatties happy.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm a GS employee too, so I wonder if they'll sell me a 55 gal drum of regular Vaseline.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Some people are never happy....

Never shopped there, but will do so now...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

When i was active i knew lots of mil that shopped at sams.. Good for them!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I remember in the 80's when Sams Club first started...membership was free to military, teachers, and maybe a few others.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Many years ago, I worked for Sam's. Any time I got close to 40 hours because of call-ins, no-shows, what have you's, I'd be told to clock out, but stay working. When I told them to f..k off, they threatened to fire me. Well, this 18 year old college student w/a car payment wasn't going to let his hooptie get repossessed. So, I clocked out and went back to work.

That's why I would rather pay $1.05 for something at Target, instead of paying $0.99 at Walmart. F..k you Walmart!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Good on Sam's for smart marketing, trying to snatch new consumers while Commisarries become pawns on the political chessboard is a nice way to gain market share!
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

What confuses me is why the Commissary is shut down? Do they not turn a profit?

Thread Information