Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: "SHUTDOWN, October 1, 2013, How does it Affect 'MTF Members in GS positions?"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default "SHUTDOWN, October 1, 2013, How does it Affect 'MTF Members in GS positions?"

"I realize MANY of our members are in Civil Service positions, are you 'Furloughed' or 'dodged the bullet' and why?"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: "SHUTDOWN, October 1, 2013, How does it Affect 'MTF Members in GS positions?"

Quote Originally Posted by RobotChicken View Post
    "I realize MANY of our members are in Civil Service positions, are you 'Furloughed' or 'dodged the bullet' and why?"
    I received a call last night instructing me to come to work for 4 hours on Tuesday to close things out and then leave. My position has been dubbed as non-essential so I will be placed on furlough.
    You don't know what you have done forgetting the F.
    -ske4za

One person shits their pants and everyone gets to wear a diaper.
    -Vrake

Girlfriends are better than wives
    -Tak

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: "SHUTDOWN, October 1, 2013, How does it Affect 'MTF Members in GS positions?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sperry1989 View Post
    I received a call last night instructing me to come to work for 4 hours on Tuesday to close things out and then leave. My position has been dubbed as non-essential so I will be placed on furlough.
    That blows. Sorry to hear it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Pretty much same thing here. I am with the Dept. of Interior, US Geological Survey Agency. We had a agency wide video call yesterday detailing everything that might happen. But agency wide there are only 46 Tier 1 "essential" personnel. We were told also to come in for four hours today and finish up our projects then go home.
    We were told we would receive the paycheck for the hours we worked last week.

Another bad thing though is that my Post 9/11 GI Bill BAH payment to me was shortened in half.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I am Active Duty, my wife is a civilian GS. She was told this morning that she is essential (she didn't think she would be, so didn't pack her lunch or anything.)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

You wouldn't know it was happening by looking at the parking lot today. We are all here. Our Mil bosses are in meetings trying to figure out where we go from here. Apparently we need to make changes to our time-cards to reflect furlough. Unfortunately, the only person that can enter them into the system is our secretary who is the only person told not to report today.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I've been furloughed. Went in for about an hour, then went home. But that's all right. I've got my taxi reserved for me at noon, and I'll be on the road. I'll do that full-time until the furlough is over. And if we get back pay... then the furlough is a GOOD thing for me!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I've been furloughed. Went in for about an hour, then went home. But that's all right. I've got my taxi reserved for me at noon, and I'll be on the road. I'll do that full-time until the furlough is over. And if we get back pay... then the furlough is a GOOD thing for me!
    Glad you have something to get you by until it ends. Sorry for the rest of the people who don't have a backup. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The issue everyone seems to be having here is the time card issue in the new ATAAPS system. NOTE to DOD: When you instruct all personnel to ensure their time cards are certified in the system in a four-hour period, it may crash the system. This is why the system was designed to do certifications from Wednesday through Friday: to stagger them. It also appears the HR department here was caught a little off-guard with getting notices out. I truly feel bad for my civilian friends and co-workers who have to go through this. I was only a baby SrA back in 1995 when this occurred last and was over-seas in Bosnia. I didn't know anyone back then that this affected.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Glad you have something to get you by until it ends. Sorry for the rest of the people who don't have a backup. Hope it gets fixed soon.
    Maybe I'll rob a taxi driver.

Thread Information