Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago vs travon

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Chicago vs travon

Ok, so travon Martin is walking a secure condo complex, looking like a thug. Zimmerman is found innocent, but all hell breaks loose.
    13(?) people are shot in Chicago, while watching basketball. No Jesse Jackson, etc
    What the hell is going on? Is it because it was black on black? What? I just don't get it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Chicago vs travon

Because the men responsible are immediately being charged. No one had to fight the local authorities to do it.

Mods; this discussion is over. Close the thread.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The fake outrage of the right wingers never ceases to amaze me...I bet you have one black friend too...
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglÚs con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en Úl reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

But where is the outrage? This is a common thing, isn't Chicago called the murder capital? And Jesse and the rest of those fools do nothing?

( I'm not trying to re-hash the Zimmerman case. Just making a point on how the country went nuts over that case, and doesn't seem to give a shit about this, or anything similar. Just seems no one cares if it's black on black. Anything else, true or not, and shit hits the fan)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_eyes View Post
    But where is the outrage? This is a common thing, isn't Chicago called the murder capital? And Jesse and the rest of those fools do nothing?

( I'm not trying to re-hash the Zimmerman case. Just making a point on how the country went nuts over that case, and doesn't seem to give a shit about this, or anything similar. Just seems no one cares if it's black on black. Anything else, true or not, and shit hits the fan)
    So you really dont care about black on black crime. You just using the deaths of black people to make a political point. You are an awesome individual!!!
    Last edited by Bunch; 09-24-2013 at 01:19 PM.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglÚs con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en Úl reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Where is the outrage over what? The men not being charged? Oh wait, they were.

Just stop it. You've got nothing.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Ok, so travon Martin is walking a secure condo complex, looking like a thug. Zimmerman is found innocent, but all hell breaks loose.
    13(?) people are shot in Chicago, while watching basketball. No Jesse Jackson, etc
    What the hell is going on? Is it because it was black on black? What? I just don't get it.
    Using your same logic America needs to inavde Syria, and Africa. After all we were outraged when the same things happened in other countries. Where are the people who wanted to invade those countries? Why have they not taken it upon themselves to join the free Syrian Army since their government will not invade? Does this mean these people do not care about the people being slaughtered in Syria? If they were against what they percieved as injustice in the past but fail to act now they are hypocrites correct?

Or maybe it could be that rational people will pick their battles. The solution in Chicago is a multipronged effort that involves education as well as economic solutions. In the case of Trayvon Martin the solution was to put his killer on trial (regardless of whether you agree with the outcome). Protesting would do nothing to change things in Chicago but the influence of protests most certainly influenced the Martin trial. Surely, you are smart enough to realize that a smart politician will only throw his voice behind efforts that are likely to succeed.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Okay, attempt at serious answer here.
    Awhile back bill Cosby pissed off black
    Community by taking on culture like
    Saggy pants and stuff in rap. No one
    Wants to address things as if they are
    A black problem, the problems of course
    Are put on them. They are not caused
    By them, they are oppressed. They
    Need affirmative action and the like.
    Do you think Jesse or the president
    Will tell the black community
    To fix the 70% out of wedlock birth rate,
    The 50%+ school drop out rate, take
    On gangs....not gonna happen.
    Votes are needed, so they will
    Continue to blame everyone and
    Everything else and never fix
    The real problems. I don't know
    What the answer is, but
    Throwing more money at it
    Has seemed to achieve nothing
    But dependency and disdain.
    It takes a lot to shock Americans
    These days. My wife is
    From Chicago and is literally
    Scared for me when we visit
    Her mom on the south side.
    Going from minot to Monroe str.
    In chicago is a bit different
    As you can imagine. Sadly,
    No one cares about body counts in
    Cities, anymore then they care
    About body counts in war.
    Overall, I don't think there is
    A solution and that's a sad
    State of affairs.
    I actually agree with you on this. Bill Cosby was a well-respected man in the black community, but instead engaging in dialogue out of that respect, they simply stopped respecting him.

Truth be told, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are the least of your worries. Michael Dyson is the man you need to be worried about. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton may not be DIScouraging antisocial behavior, but Michael Dyson actually ENcourages it.

I've learned over the past year or two that there is such a thing as a healthy and necessary amount of classism in any society. The black community actually lacks it.

For example; Rachel Jeantel. She had the support of the black community. However, if she was white - and a fat loudmouth from the trailor park; middle class whites wouldn't have given two shits about her. The Octomom - she was completely outcast by whites. White folks aren't having that shit in their ranks.

And this is how white people protect their image. By not showing tolerance for such behavior.

Middle and upper class blacks don't appear to have the same luxury of disassociating classless blacks from themselves.

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I actually agree with you on this. Bill Cosby was a well-respected man in the black community, but instead engaging in dialogue out of that respect, they simply stopped respecting him.

Truth be told, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are the least of your worries. Michael Dyson is the man you need to be worried about. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton may not be DIScouraging antisocial behavior, but Michael Dyson actually ENcourages it.

I've learned over the past year or two that there is such a thing as a healthy and necessary amount of classism in any society. The black community actually lacks it.

For example; Rachel Jeantel. She had the support of the black community. However, if she was white - and a fat loudmouth from the trailor park; middle class whites wouldn't have given two shits about her. The Octomom - she was completely outcast by whites. White folks aren't having that shit in their ranks.

And this is how white people protect their image. By not showing tolerance for such behavior.

Middle and upper class blacks don't appear to have the same luxury of disassociating classless blacks from themselves.
    so this Michael Dyson is the new Malcolm X?

And great point on the upper classes not being able to disassociate.

An honest, non-political, no other intent question: Do you think the black community might be better off if those middle and upper classes could criticize without becoming outcasts, or do they just need to keep their mouths shut?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    so this Michael Dyson is the new Malcolm X?
    NO!

I think that if you take the take to learn a little bit more about Malcolm X, you'll find that he DID preach to black people on doing things to empower themselves and their communities; he told them what they should be doing and what they need to start doing. Martin Luther King didn't even do this. Not since Booker T Washington, Marcus Garvey, or W.E.B. DuBois had there been a black leader that preached TO black people; and there hadn't been one SINCE Malcolm X.

And great point on the upper classes not being able to disassociate.

An honest, non-political, no other intent question: Do you think the black community might be better off if those middle and upper classes could criticize without becoming outcasts, or do they just need to keep their mouths shut?
    I say keep their mouths shut, and simply speak with some actions.

~Paul Ryan

Thread Information