Thread: Retired football players house broken into, parents threaten to sue HIM!>

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Retired football players house broken into, parents threaten to sue HIM!>

Ok. Wtf is up with society that kids can break into someone's house (even if it is a vacation home), trash the place, invite others over for a party, take pictures of themselves and post it all over the place. BUT if the owner takes those pics that the kids themselves put into the public domain and posts them elsewhere, they can sue him? IMO every damn parent of one of those kids who did this attrocious act should be thanking the stars that the football player is NOT suing all of them (or giving the info to the cops to press charges) for
    Breaking and entering
    Serving alcohol to minors
    Destruction of private property
    Trespassing
    and drunk and disorderly conduct..

http://gothamist.com/2013/09/20/pare...hed_ex-nfl.php
    Edit: Link goes to a news site (not sure if newpaper or other)
    Edit 2: Here are 3 other news sites inc NY daily news.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1460006

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...gers-1.6098372

http://www.bignewsnetwork.com/index....360451341a5c70
    Last edited by garhkal; 09-21-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Retired football players house broken into, parents threaten to sue HIM!>

I didn't see it in this article, but apparently one of them stole the headstone of his infant grandson that had passed away as well. What kind of douchebag does that?

This reminds me of an incident that happened in tech school. Some of my classmates had a hotel party off base, in which underage drinking was involved, and decided to take several pictures of themselves as well. After the pictures were developed, one of the guys decided to stash them in his desk at the schoolhouse because we had a dorm room inspection that week. When the class moved to another classroom he forgot the pictures were in his desk and they were discovered by an instructor. It did not turn out well...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Retired football players house broken into, parents threaten to sue HIM!>

"The Government Lawyers and courts took over raising children their 'PC' way while building more prisons for them. Job security."

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Ok. Wtf is up with society that kids can break into someone's house (even if it is a vacation home), trash the place, invite others over for a party, take pictures of themselves and post it all over the place. BUT if the owner takes those pics that the kids themselves put into the public domain and posts them elsewhere, they can sue him? IMO every damn parent of one of those kids who did this attrocious act should be thanking the stars that the football player is NOT suing all of them (or giving the info to the cops to press charges) for
    Breaking and entering
    Serving alcohol to minors
    Destruction of private property
    Trespassing
    and drunk and disorderly conduct..

http://gothamist.com/2013/09/20/pare...hed_ex-nfl.php
    This is what you get when you turn generations of kids over to the marxist indoctrination camps masquerading as a public education system for 8 hours a day. just another fine day in the United States of Victimhood.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I heard him on the radio yesterday. He was complaining because he actually got threats from the parents saying how he was going to mess up their life and chances of going to college. It made me sick. He gave the parents and kids a chance to come and clean up the mess they did, and only 1 set of parents and there kid showed up.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Personally i think what he now needs to do is counter sue each and every parent who THREATENED to sue him. Rake them over the coals.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RFScott View Post
    I didn't see it in this article, but apparently one of them stole the headstone of his infant grandson that had passed away as well. What kind of douchebag does that?

This reminds me of an incident that happened in tech school. Some of my classmates had a hotel party off base, in which underage drinking was involved, and decided to take several pictures of themselves as well. After the pictures were developed, one of the guys decided to stash them in his desk at the schoolhouse because we had a dorm room inspection that week. When the class moved to another classroom he forgot the pictures were in his desk and they were discovered by an instructor. It did not turn out well...
    "After the pictures were developed ..."? Damn, haven't heard that phrase in a while.

In the '90s, one of our students at Sheppard went up to Ft Sill to party with the Army guys up there. They got her drunk and took turns raping her. Of course, one of the guys just had to take some Polaroids to commemorate the event and show them around to, oh, everyone. Also of course, this allowed their chain of command to catch wind of it so they all got caught and went to Leavenworth (or some confinement facility.) Our girl? She got NJPed for underage drinking and was administratively separated. Some justice there, huh?
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

While it does suck she got discharged, just cause she got raped does not mean her crime of underage drinking should have been ignored/sweped under the carpet.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    While it does suck she got discharged, just cause she got raped does not mean her crime of underage drinking should have been ignored/sweped under the carpet.
    In my later service experience as a 1st Sgt, I was involved with many cases of underage drinking that were punished but did not result in a discharge.
    "Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BENDER56 View Post
    In my later service experience as a 1st Sgt, I was involved with many cases of underage drinking that were punished but did not result in a discharge.
    True.. Sometimes the 'punishment' is a crow gone (stripe), other times it is a smack on the wrist, and yet others its a discharge..

Thread Information