Thread: Company that vetted snowdwn also did Alexis for clearance

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Company that vetted snowdwn also did Alexis for clearance

Wow.. Talk about egg on the face. The company that vetted and got a clearance for Eric Snowden also did the vetting and clearance for the Shooter Alexis.
    So should they lose their license to 'vet' people after these 2 big frak ups?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Company that vetted snowdwn also did Alexis for clearance

Seriously! Do you think that background checks involve interviewing everybody in your past. Especially for secret clearances. You get to pretty much hand pick who gets interviewed for TS by putting it on you SF86. I got a TS while my DL was suspended(this was in the 90's). I recieved my clearance and a week later recieved a letter from my home town telling I missed a court appearance for a ticket I thought i paid off. Was I a murderer...no, but the investigation process isn't foolproof. Some bases use E-verify for civilian workers that come in for a project or construction. Snowden, from what I've read had a perfect background with no problems. Not sure what happened with Alexis. There are a lot of military that get cleared for S/TS/SCI that have skeletons in their closet and only after the fact that issues come to light.
    Last edited by Giant Voice; 09-20-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    2 out of 5,000,000
    0.0000004%
    where dey's smoke dey's fire. NomSayin.?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Voice View Post
    Seriously! Do you think that background checks involve interviewing everybody in your past. Especially for secret clearances. You get to pretty much hand pick who gets interviewed for TS by putting it on you SF86. I got a TS while my DL was suspended(this was in the 90's). I recieved my clearance and a week later recieved a letter from my home town telling I missed a court appearance for a ticket I thought i paid off. Was I a murderer...no, but the investigation process isn't foolproof. Some bases use E-verify for civilian workers that come in for a project or construction. Snowden, from what I've read had a perfect background with no problems. Not sure what happened with Alexis. There are a lot of military that get cleared for S/TS/SCI that have skeletons in their closet and only after the fact that issues come to light.
    There are two kinds of interview leads, given and developed. They interview people whose names you give them (given), they also look for people who are privy to relevant information in your neighborhoods (current and previous), people who knew you where you work (or worked), all within the scope. These are developed.

I will assume the fine for the ticket that you missed an appearance for was less than $300 (fine alone, not including court costs). If so, it doesn't rise to the level of concern.

I do agree that the investigation process is not foolproof. I haven't found anything in 56 years that is.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Of the 10 board members, 4 (including the CEO) have Psych degrees.

http://www.usis.com/Management-Team.aspx
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Thread Information