Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman in the Media Spotlight Once Again...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default George Zimmerman in the Media Spotlight Once Again...

Apparently George was involved in some sort of domestic dispute with his estranged wife and her father:

From CNN:

George Zimmerman was detained after his estranged wife told 911 that he had threatened her and her father with a weapon, Lake Mary, Florida, police told reporters Monday.
    Zimmerman was being cooperative, Lake Mary police spokesman Zach Hudson said.
    Shellie Zimmerman, who filed for divorce last week, called 911 just after 2 p.m. ET, Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell said. She told police that George Zimmerman was inside the house with a gun and was threatening her family, the chief said.
    Bracknell added that Shellie Zimmerman claimed her husband "battered her father," according to the call report. It was unclear if he received medical treatment from first responders from the fire department.
    George Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, told CNN, "There was heightened emotion, and a disagreement took place."
    O'Mara said his client wasn't taken to police headquarters but was being questioned near the house, which is owned by his father-in-law, David Bryant Dean.
    Bracknell said that as of 4 p.m., Shellie Zimmerman had yet to give a sworn statement to police, but she had spoken with her attorney.
    The incident comes two months after Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, was found not guilty of murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida.
    Hudson said earlier that police are following procedure by placing Zimmerman in investigative detention.
    "Anytime we have anybody suspected of doing anything, we place them in investigative detention until a complete investigation has been done," Hudson said.
    George's brother, Robert, tweeted after his brother's detention that the public shouldn't "jump to conclusions."
    Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce last week in Seminole County, her attorney told CNN at the time.
    That filing came after she pleaded guilty to perjury on August 28 for lying about the state of the couple's finances during a bond hearing in April 2012. She had claimed she and her husband were broke, when in reality they had collected about $135,000 in donations.
    Since his acquittal on July 13, George Zimmerman has been in the headlines several times. In late July, he reportedly helped a family escape from an overturned SUV. A report from the Seminole County Sheriff's Office confirmed his involvement.
    More recently, Zimmerman has been pulled over in traffic twice. The first time, he was given a verbal warning for a traffic violation in Texas and reportedly told officers he had a firearm in his glove compartment. The second time was in Florida last week, when he was issued a $256 ticket for speeding.
    Lake Mary is a suburb of Orlando near Sanford.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: George Zimmerman in the Media Spotlight Once Again...

Incidents like this between couples going through a divorce happen 100 times a day. Only because it is Zimmerman is it in the "news". Probably boils down to "he said" / "she said".
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Incidents like this between couples going through a divorce happen 100 times a day. Only because it is Zimmerman is it in the "news". Probably boils down to "he said" / "she said".
    I think you're right. George has already been released and the police have stated no charges will be filed against him. Here is an updated story from CNN:

No charges will be filed against George Zimmerman after an alleged altercation with his estranged wife and her father, Lake Mary, Florida, Police Chief Steve Bracknell said Monday.

"Shellie Zimmerman has declined prosecution (after consulting with her attorney)," Bracknell said.

George Zimmerman had been temporarily detained by police after Shellie Zimmerman told 911 Monday that he had threatened her and her father with a weapon.

On the 911 call, Shellie Zimmerman, who filed for divorce last week, is breathing heavily when she tells a dispatcher that Zimmerman is still at the house.

"He's in his car and he continually has his hand on his gun, and he's saying, 'Step closer.' He's just threatening all of us with his firearm," she says.

Shellie Zimmerman also tells 911 that George Zimmerman punched her father in the nose, then smashed her iPad before getting in his truck.

"I don't know what he's capable of. I'm really, really scared," she says.

Mark O'Mara, George Zimmerman's attorney and a CNN legal analyst, said, "There was heightened emotion, and a disagreement took place."

O'Mara said Shellie Zimmerman no longer lives at the house -- which is owned by her father, David Bryant Dean -- and had come to it to retrieve some belongings.

After he was initially detained by officers, George Zimmerman was interviewed at the house by detectives, Lake Mary police spokesman Zach Hudson said.

Zimmerman had offered to turn over surveillance tapes from security cameras at the house to investigators.

Shellie Zimmerman called 911 just after 2 p.m. ET, Bracknell said earlier.

George Zimmerman had a bodyguard in the truck with him when police arrived, Bracknell said.

Police had drawn their guns and told the bodyguard to "stand by out of the way."

Police said Dean spoke with first responders but was not treated by paramedics.

The incident comes two months after Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, was found not guilty of murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida.

George's brother, Robert, tweeted after his brother's detention that the public shouldn't "jump to conclusions."

Shellie Zimmerman's divorce filing last week in Seminole County came after she pleaded guilty to perjury on August 28 for lying about the state of the couple's finances during a bond hearing in April 2012. She had claimed she and her husband were broke, when in reality they had collected about $135,000 in donations.

Since his acquittal on July 13, George Zimmerman has been in the headlines several times. In late July, he reportedly helped a family escape from an overturned SUV. A report from the Seminole County Sheriff's Office confirmed his involvement.

More recently, Zimmerman has been pulled over in traffic twice. The first time, he was given a verbal warning for a traffic violation in Texas and reportedly told officers he had a firearm in his glove compartment. The second time was in Florida last week, when he was issued a $256 ticket for speeding.

Lake Mary is a suburb of Orlando near Sanford.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RFScott View Post
    I think you're right. George has already been released and the police have stated no charges will be filed against him. Here is an updated story from CNN:
    Zimmerman is notorious. No matter what he does or where he goes, he will always be the subject of some news story. Even up until his death, Rodney King was in the same situation.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Meh...though a $200+ fine for speeding? That is all on him...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

George Zimmerman is INNOCENT. He was not arrested today. If he had threatened somebody or had brandished a firearm / weapon he would have been arrested. I'm sick of this innocent Hispanic man being derided by the media scum lynch mob. Shellie is an emotional wreck and needs to be cut loose. My Advice to George Zimmerman----1) always keep an audio video recorder going where you live at and in your car. 2) Dont go to any place or appointment alone. 3) never brandish a weapon or threaten anybody. 4) If you are attacked and you fear for your life, use deadly force and collect the exculpatory evidence and witnesses immediately. Its not your fault the United States has turned into a Communist race divided hell hole. You are INNOCENT and there are many people who are empathetic so remember that. 4) cut your losses with Shellie, give her what she wants within reason. 5) start the lawsuits against NBC Government Propaganda News and Angela Communist Racist Corey. God speed George Zimmerman----you remind me of my own son.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I heard George Zimmerman failed to recycle several Pepsi Bottles and returned a Library Book late. I heard that somebody heard that somebody said they heard that George Zimmerman had 2 horns and a tail.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by WillsPowers View Post
    George Zimmerman is INNOCENT. He was not arrested today. If he had threatened somebody or had brandished a firearm / weapon he would have been arrested. I'm sick of this innocent Hispanic man being derided by the media scum lynch mob. Shellie is an emotional wreck and needs to be cut loose. My Advice to George Zimmerman----1) always keep an audio video recorder going where you live at and in your car. 2) Dont go to any place or appointment alone. 3) never brandish a weapon or threaten anybody. 4) If you are attacked and you fear for your life, use deadly force and collect the exculpatory evidence and witnesses immediately. Its not your fault the United States has turned into a Communist race divided hell hole. You are INNOCENT and there are many people who are empathetic so remember that. 4) cut your losses with Shellie, give her what she wants within reason. 5) start the lawsuits against NBC Government Propaganda News and Angela Communist Racist Corey. God speed George Zimmerman----you remind me of my own son.
    We Hispanics offer to trade GZ to the whites for Eminem and a bag of skittles....
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Zimmerman is notorious. No matter what he does or where he goes, he will always be the subject of some news story. Even up until his death, Rodney King was in the same situation.
    I see more similarities between GZ and OJ Simpson than GZ and Rodney King. GZ is a magnet for cops and that was even before the TM case. Sooner or later he will end up in jail.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    I see more similarities between GZ and OJ Simpson than GZ and Rodney King. GZ is a magnet for cops and that was even before the TM case. Sooner or later he will end up in jail.
    Yes, that is a better comparison. And I agree - Zimmerman will be in jail probably within 5 years.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Thread Information