Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whites only

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Whites only

This is pretty funny.... Wonder how long it will take for Sharpton and Jackson to whip up a rally and a boycott of this church? The long and the short of it is that the pastor said that image matters and they only want the best of the best at the doors. Oh, and that only white people should man the doors.

The pastor is a black female.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/03...est=latestnews
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Whites only

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    This is pretty funny.... Wonder how long it will take for Sharpton and Jackson to whip up a rally and a boycott of this church? The long and the short of it is that the pastor said that image matters and they only want the best of the best at the doors. Oh, and that only white people should man the doors.

The pastor is a black female.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/03...est=latestnews
    I think she could have said that in better words.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    I think she could have said that in better words.
    I get it...we have all sent emails we probably shouldn't but c'mon!
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I think you are all missing the point. What she's doing is turning whites into doormen, as blacks were typecast into for so many years. It's her way of getting some retribution.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I think you are all missing the point. What she's doing is turning whites into doormen, as blacks were typecast into for so many years. It's her way of getting some retribution.
    Thats not what I get from the story...

The story had few details but what I got is that her church is predominantly african american and she wants to give the image that her church is inclusive of all races. Thats why she had the whites at the door, so if other whites pass by they can say "G!!...there some white folks up in that church!!! we should go there too!!!".

At least that what I took from the story...
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    Thats not what I get from the story...

The story had few details but what I got is that her church is predominantly african american and she wants to give the image that her church is inclusive of all races. Thats why she had the whites at the door, so if other whites pass by they can say "G!!...there some white folks up in that church!!! we should go there too!!!".

At least that what I took from the story...
    Please, please, please, turn on your sarcasm detector.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I am going to tuck this thread away and bring it out the next time someone else says something 'inelegantly'

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Please, please, please, turn on your sarcasm detector.
    Caught!...my bad...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I see what she's trying to do. She's trying to manipulate society-level racism in order to fill the pews at her multicultural church.

Smart idea, but a bad one. And one that makes no sense.

I can see if she wanted to deliberately put blacks AND whites out there, as there are very few multicultural churches; and many people would like to find one.

But she's trying to attract people that she thinks are deterred by black faces. Makes no sense.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I see what she's trying to do. She's trying to manipulate society-level racism in order to fill the pews at her multicultural church.

Smart idea, but a bad one. And one that makes no sense.

I can see if she wanted to deliberately put blacks AND whites out there, as there are very few multicultural churches; and many people would like to find one.

But she's trying to attract people that she thinks are deterred by black faces. Makes no sense.
    Unless she feels that those who are deterred by black faces might be able to have their opinions changed once they get drawn in to the situation.

Thread Information