Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Legalization of Mary Jane

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Legalization of Mary Jane

With the legalization of Mary Jane in more and more states and the DOJ stating they will not prosecute, will this be a game changer for future recruits? Will admitting to smoking pot disqualify an individual from a TS gig? It may be easy to answer no now, but opinions and laws (obviously) change over time.

http://news.yahoo.com/marijuana-ruli...opstories.html

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Legalization of Mary Jane

Quote Originally Posted by CJSmith View Post
    With the legalization of Mary Jane in more and more states and the DOJ stating they will not prosecute, will this be a game changer for future recruits? Will admitting to smoking pot disqualify an individual from a TS gig? It may be easy to answer no now, but opinions and laws (obviously) change over time.

http://news.yahoo.com/marijuana-ruli...opstories.html
    You mean people other than Sergeant Joe Friday from Dragnet still call it Mary Jane?

Admitting marijuana use doesn't disqualify you from a TS clearance now and hasn't for over 30 years.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

New CBT requirement titled "Reefer Madness" coming to a base near you!
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    You mean people other than Sergeant Joe Friday from Dragnet still call it Mary Jane?

Admitting marijuana use doesn't disqualify you from a TS clearance now and hasn't for over 30 years.
    Pot, weed, loco weed, smoke, reefer, doobie, 420, and yes, Mary Jane is still on the rather extensive list.

http://botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/h/hemp22b.html
    "Wrong" is one of those concepts that requires witnesses. Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Since it's being legalized in many states, will the rules against using it/spice in the mil eventually change?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Since it's being legalized in many states, will the rules against using it/spice in the mil eventually change?
    No...I'm sure they won't. Stupid, but they won't. Of course the argument is that they don't want people working on/with dangerous stuff while they're high. That's always the argument. Even though it would be as with alcohol, where you can't be impaired on duty, the same argument always comes into play.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Even in those states where it is legal, failing a urinalysis test will prevent someone from being hired in many companies.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_KO View Post
    Even in those states where it is legal, failing a urinalysis test will prevent someone from being hired in many companies.
    As it should be. I wouldn't want to hire a pot smoker to run one of my hot dog carts and if I ran a corporate enterprise, I would also want the right to not hire pot smokers.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    As it should be. I wouldn't want to hire a pot smoker to run one of my hot dog carts and if I ran a corporate enterprise, I would also want the right to not hire pot smokers.
    They get the munchies and there goes the profit margin, or they forget where they left the cart and there goes the profit margin.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

AD members still have to follow the current rules, regulations, and orders present to us. Just because its legal off base, doesn't mean its legal for us. Codeine is legal over the counter in the UK, but its not allowed for AD members to take it.

Thread Information