Abolish the Selective Service
Is it time (or past time) to abolish the Selective Service (draft registration).
1. We've been an all voluteer force since 1973 (hey, that's 40 years!)
2. Annual budget (FY13): $24M
3. Only requires males to register (failure to register prevents males from federal student aid programs (loans & grants)
4. Since females will soon be eligible to be in most (all) combat positions, should they not also have to register?
5. With the repeal of DADT, is homosexuality still a way to not be drafted?
I honestly see no reason why SS needs to continue on like it is, especially at that cost!
"Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"