Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need your help

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default I need your help

Greetings everyone. I need a lot of help. I have a question - is it possible to get a 2 on your EPR without having done anything wrong? My supervisor threatened me today and said that I could get a 2 on my EPR. The thing is I am currently under a medical board. I cannot perform in my AFSC because of a "cognitive disorder". However, I have not received any paperwork throughout this year. It seems the military is doing their best to push me out. I plan on going to the IG and putting up a complaint against my entire unit. What do you think?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default 2 EPR!!!

Originally Posted by JC1982

Greetings everyone. I need a lot of help. I have a question - is it possible to get a 2 on your EPR without having done anything wrong? My supervisor threatened me today and said that I could get a 2 on my EPR. The thing is I am currently under a medical board. I cannot perform in my AFSC because of a "cognitive disorder". However, I have not received any paperwork throughout this year. It seems the military is doing their best to push me out. I plan on going to the IG and putting up a complaint against my entire unit. What do you think?
    Advice from JD2780:

"don't post angry"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 2 EPR!!!

I think, yes, it is possible to get a 2 without doing anything wrong. Particularly if you cannot perform your job.

What do you expect someone who can not perform thier job to get for a promotion recommendation? Would you recommend someone for promotion who is not capable of performing their assigned job??

If you worked for a private company and could not do the job due to a cognitive disorder...I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even be around long enough to complain. What is your IG complaint going to be based on?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: I need your help

I think, yes, it is possible to get a 2 without doing anything wrong. Particularly if you cannot perform your job.

What do you expect someone who can not perform thier job to get for a promotion recommendation? Would you recommend someone for promotion who is not capable of performing their assigned job??

If you worked for a private company and could not do the job due to a cognitive disorder...I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even be around long enough to complain. What is your IG complaint going to be based on?

If you are incapable of performing your job...why should you NOT be pushed out? I don't get it. What is it that you do here?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

All kidding aside, the last 2 I gave was to someone awaiting a court martial that ended up with 6 months confinement, reduction to E-1, and a discharge.
    Advice from JD2780:

"don't post angry"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I've never had a troop court martialed, but I have given 2s.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

If they rate you as a "2," it automatically becomes a referral report and the are REQUIRED to follow the referral EPR process:

Quote Originally Posted by AFI 36-2406
    1.10.2.2. Any evaluator whose ratings or comments causes an evaluation to become a referral evaluation, must give the ratee the opportunity to comment on the evaluation.

1.10.2.3. Referral evaluations will not be processed electronically, but will be accomplished, printed and contain “wet” (handwritten) signatures only. Dates will be handwritten, stamped or typed. As a referral evaluation could be detrimental to an individual, face-to-face interaction is required.

1.10.3. When to Refer a Performance Evaluation. Performance evaluations must be referred when:

1.10.3.1. Comments in any OPR, EPR, LOE or TR, regardless of the ratings if applicable, or the attachments to that evaluation, that are derogatory in nature, imply or refer to behavior incompatible with, or not meeting minimum acceptable standards of personal or professional conduct, character, judgment or integrity, and/or refer to disciplinary actions. This includes, but is not limited to, comments regarding omissions or misrepresentation of facts in official statements or documents, financial irresponsibility, mismanagement of personal or government affairs, a “Does Not Meet Standards” fitness assessment, unsatisfactory progress in the Fitness Education and Intervention Programs, confirmed incidents of discrimination or mistreatment, illegal use or possession of drugs, AWOL, Article 15 action, and conviction by courts-martial.

1.10.3.3. An evaluator marks “Does Not Meet Standards” in Section III of the EPR.

1.10.3.4. An evaluator marks an overall “1” (Poor) or “2” (Needs Improvement) in Section V of the EPR.
    Unless they have supporting documentation, I highly doubt they'll rate you as a "2." Even if they are currently considering it, someone higher up who knows all the ins and outs of the rating system (and knows the AFI I cited above) will eventually point this out to them and they'll probaby just rate you a "3" which doesn't require any of the referral procedures, etc.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Look in THIS THREAD for my response to your question and other resopnses that are likely to follow.

@Bourne , please close this thread so we don't have answers scattered throughout this and the other two threads on the same topic (the OP originally posted his question in a thread about promotion boards for MSgts, then @20+Years created a new thread for the OP, and he's also posted his question in his "intro" above).

Last edited by Class5Kayaker; 08-22-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

got it.
    In Norse mythology, Mjölnir is the hammer of Thor, the Norse god of thunder. Mjölnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome weapons, capable of leveling mountains. In old Norse, Mjölnir is usually interpreted as meaning "crusher." Its power has no equal as a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post

I know you do not understand the entire situation, so therefore your opinion is your opinion.
    I know my job and I can perform it well. I've worked in units where I had 12 patients (4 surgical) in one night. I've more than outperformed at my rank. I've been on 2 deployments earning achievement medals on both. In my eyes it was a primitive diagnosis set up by the COC. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude at the gossip that goes on in the work place. I have already made plans outside of the military, but find the treatment presented within not following guidelines of what is acceptable under the AFI. That is why I've chosen the route of IG. What happens when you back a rattlesnake into a corner? It goes to the IG.

Thread Information