Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Breast cancer

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    1,066
    Likes (Received)
    26
    Thanks (Received)
    2

    Default Breast cancer

    Some fool decided to use my thread about cancer to yell at the moderators, and got the thread shut down. I am very displeased.
    Breast cancer affects a lot of women veterans. I am a survivor. Done it all - chemo, full boob removal, radiation. And doing great.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW. Michigan
    Posts
    214
    Likes (Received)
    44
    Thanks (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Breast cancer

    Glad your doing well S E

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nunya Bizness
    Posts
    572
    Likes (Received)
    85
    Thanks (Received)
    15

    Default Re: Breast cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit_eyes View Post
    Some fool decided to use my thread about cancer to yell at the moderators, and got the thread shut down. I am very displeased.
    Breast cancer affects a lot of women veterans. I am a survivor. Done it all - chemo, full boob removal, radiation. And doing great.
    Glad to hear you are doing good, it is a long road tiresome road.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    1,066
    Likes (Received)
    26
    Thanks (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Breast cancer

    Wish they had warned me about long I need to do stretching. Feel like a fool with my arm in the air, all the time.
    ( no, I'm not waving, I'm doing former booby stretches )

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    1,512
    Likes (Received)
    179
    Thanks (Received)
    39

    Default Re: Breast cancer

    Cancer touched my family, although not breast. Glad to read you're doing well.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    EDIMGIAFAD
    Posts
    886
    Likes (Received)
    28
    Thanks (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Breast cancer

    My wife's grandmother is in the final stages of liver cancer. She's going home from the hospital to hospice care tonight sometime. She's not expected to make it past a couple of days. Her 29 year old half-sister is currently fighting breast cancer which has spread to other areas of her body.

    My aunt passed away two years ago just 72 hours after being diagnosed with cancer. It had spread so far that they didn't know where it originated.

    A well-known MOD (Ministry of Defense) dog handler, American football coach and good friend of mine at RAF Alconbury/Molesworth lost his short fight with pancreatic cancer in June.

    A depressing post, yes, but also a highlight on the fact that this disease can touch anyone at any age.

    Spirit Eyes, sorry to hijack, just needed to vent a bit. Congrats on being a survivor.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    5,670
    Likes (Received)
    359
    Thanks (Received)
    57

    Default Re: Breast cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by js7799 View Post
    My wife's grandmother is in the final stages of liver cancer. She's going home from the hospital to hospice care tonight sometime. She's not expected to make it past a couple of days. Her 29 year old half-sister is currently fighting breast cancer which has spread to other areas of her body.

    My aunt passed away two years ago just 72 hours after being diagnosed with cancer. It had spread so far that they didn't know where it originated.

    A well-known MOD (Ministry of Defense) dog handler, American football coach and good friend of mine at RAF Alconbury/Molesworth lost his short fight with pancreatic cancer in June.

    A depressing post, yes, but also a highlight on the fact that this disease can touch anyone at any age.

    Spirit Eyes, sorry to hijack, just needed to vent a bit. Congrats on being a survivor.
    Thanks for sharing js. Condolences and best wishes.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    829
    Likes (Received)
    116
    Thanks (Received)
    20

    Default Re: Breast cancer

    Glad you're doing well!

    I'd bet if you PM'd Bourne directly (s)he would resurrect the thread for you after deleting the stuff in there that was off topic.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    5,670
    Likes (Received)
    359
    Thanks (Received)
    57

    Default Re: Breast cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker View Post
    Glad you're doing well!

    I'd bet if you PM'd Bourne directly (s)he would resurrect the thread for you after deleting the stuff in there that was off topic.
    That thread is pretty much a carbon copy of this one.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    1,066
    Likes (Received)
    26
    Thanks (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Breast cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by js7799 View Post
    My wife's grandmother is in the final stages of liver cancer. She's going home from the hospital to hospice care tonight sometime. She's not expected to make it past a couple of days. Her 29 year old half-sister is currently fighting breast cancer which has spread to other areas of her body.

    My aunt passed away two years ago just 72 hours after being diagnosed with cancer. It had spread so far that they didn't know where it originated.

    A well-known MOD (Ministry of Defense) dog handler, American football coach and good friend of mine at RAF Alconbury/Molesworth lost his short fight with pancreatic cancer in June.

    A depressing post, yes, but also a highlight on the fact that this disease can touch anyone at any age.

    Spirit Eyes, sorry to hijack, just needed to vent a bit. Congrats on being a survivor.
    Nope, don't think you hijacked at all.
    Sorry to hear about your family.
    I think your story is actually useful to remind people to do the screenings - mammo, colonoscopy, etc. might be uncomfortable, etc but it's better than finding out way too late.
    And so what if they cut you up to get the cancer out. I'm over 50, have 1 boob, short hair from chemo. I wear a fake boob, and love my new curly locks. And refuse to let things stop me. So what if I'm slower, I ain't 25 no more.
    Guys, bug your wives to get checked. I had been going in for years. And from 1 year to the next, things had changed so much. Full boob and lymph node removal. 1 year clean, next year - holy shit. And so damn glad I did my yearly mammos, as I could be dying now.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •