Thread: Breast cancer

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Breast cancer

Some fool decided to use my thread about cancer to yell at the moderators, and got the thread shut down. I am very displeased.
    Breast cancer affects a lot of women veterans. I am a survivor. Done it all - chemo, full boob removal, radiation. And doing great.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Breast cancer

Glad your doing well S E

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_eyes View Post
    Some fool decided to use my thread about cancer to yell at the moderators, and got the thread shut down. I am very displeased.
    Breast cancer affects a lot of women veterans. I am a survivor. Done it all - chemo, full boob removal, radiation. And doing great.
    Glad to hear you are doing good, it is a long road tiresome road.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Wish they had warned me about long I need to do stretching. Feel like a fool with my arm in the air, all the time.
    ( no, I'm not waving, I'm doing former booby stretches )

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Cancer touched my family, although not breast. Glad to read you're doing well.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

My wife's grandmother is in the final stages of liver cancer. She's going home from the hospital to hospice care tonight sometime. She's not expected to make it past a couple of days. Her 29 year old half-sister is currently fighting breast cancer which has spread to other areas of her body.

My aunt passed away two years ago just 72 hours after being diagnosed with cancer. It had spread so far that they didn't know where it originated.

A well-known MOD (Ministry of Defense) dog handler, American football coach and good friend of mine at RAF Alconbury/Molesworth lost his short fight with pancreatic cancer in June.

A depressing post, yes, but also a highlight on the fact that this disease can touch anyone at any age.

Spirit Eyes, sorry to hijack, just needed to vent a bit. Congrats on being a survivor.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by js7799 View Post
    My wife's grandmother is in the final stages of liver cancer. She's going home from the hospital to hospice care tonight sometime. She's not expected to make it past a couple of days. Her 29 year old half-sister is currently fighting breast cancer which has spread to other areas of her body.

My aunt passed away two years ago just 72 hours after being diagnosed with cancer. It had spread so far that they didn't know where it originated.

A well-known MOD (Ministry of Defense) dog handler, American football coach and good friend of mine at RAF Alconbury/Molesworth lost his short fight with pancreatic cancer in June.

A depressing post, yes, but also a highlight on the fact that this disease can touch anyone at any age.

Spirit Eyes, sorry to hijack, just needed to vent a bit. Congrats on being a survivor.
    Thanks for sharing js. Condolences and best wishes.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Glad you're doing well!

I'd bet if you PM'd Bourne directly (s)he would resurrect the thread for you after deleting the stuff in there that was off topic.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker View Post
    Glad you're doing well!

I'd bet if you PM'd Bourne directly (s)he would resurrect the thread for you after deleting the stuff in there that was off topic.
    That thread is pretty much a carbon copy of this one.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by js7799 View Post

Nope, don't think you hijacked at all.
    Sorry to hear about your family.
    I think your story is actually useful to remind people to do the screenings - mammo, colonoscopy, etc. might be uncomfortable, etc but it's better than finding out way too late.
    And so what if they cut you up to get the cancer out. I'm over 50, have 1 boob, short hair from chemo. I wear a fake boob, and love my new curly locks. And refuse to let things stop me. So what if I'm slower, I ain't 25 no more.
    Guys, bug your wives to get checked. I had been going in for years. And from 1 year to the next, things had changed so much. Full boob and lymph node removal. 1 year clean, next year - holy shit. And so damn glad I did my yearly mammos, as I could be dying now.

Thread Information