Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is this profiling?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Is this profiling?

We all know the rules in countries like Korea and Japan with their curfews and thus..

Is it profiling if the military police come up to you during NON curfew hours as you are just standing inside a bar or club minding your own business doing nothing wrong? I am really curious about this rule. Do you HAVE to show them your military ID or can you show them your license or passport? Has anyone ever run into any problems with this?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Is this profiling?

You have to show your ID card on demand to any officer, NCO, or MP when they are acting in the performance of their duties.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    You have to show your ID card on demand to any officer, NCO, or MP when they are acting in the performance of their duties.
    What if I forgot my military ID? I didn't know you HAD to have your military ID on you 24/7.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
    What if I forgot my military ID? I didn't know you HAD to have your military ID on you 24/7.
    They don't teach this in BASIC anymore?

DoD instruction 1000.13, paragraph 6.1.1.1. The card shall be in the personal custody of the member at all times.

Http://cac.mil/docs/DODI-1000.13.pdf
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    They don't teach this in BASIC anymore?

DoD instruction 1000.13, paragraph 6.1.1.1. The card shall be in the personal custody of the member at all times.

Http://cac.mil/docs/DODI-1000.13.pdf
    Well handled.

To the Original Poster - "Didn't know"???

... Really? YHGTBSM... What are you, new?

-BB-
    Don't thank me... Thank my recruiter!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

We all know the rules in countries like Korea and Japan with their curfews and thus..

Is it profiling if the military police come up to you during NON curfew hours as you are just standing inside a bar or club minding your own business doing nothing wrong? I am really curious about this rule. Do you HAVE to show them your military ID or can you show them your license or passport? Has anyone ever run into any problems with this?
    You also fall under SOFA regulations. In the Songtan Entertainment District outside Osan AB in Korea, active duty military are subject to orders from Security Forces personnel...to include presenting a valid military ID upon request. If you try to force the issue, Security Forces has the right to detain you until the Korean National Police show up; they have the authority to demand Passports and national IDs.

I do not like Town Patrol at Osan - or whatever the equal is where you are if not at Osan or Kunsan. Especially since the 2012 "Handcuff Incident" and the manner in which the Town Patrol acts as curfew approaches, I'm not fond of them at all. But not liking something is far different from being a pain in the ass concerning lawful orders.

Just show your ID and save your silver bullets for a fight worth fighting & winning.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Are you being obtuse or are you completely serious?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

You are being difficult, buuuuuuutttttt. If you see a white, black, or hispanic person (double bonus if they are all hanging out together) outside of OSAN AB and everyone is speaking English in with an American accent (triple bonus if they are talking about the previous week's exercise) then yes you are being profiled. Not much you can do about it though.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    You are being difficult, buuuuuuutttttt. If you see a white, black, or hispanic person (double bonus if they are all hanging out together) outside of OSAN AB and everyone is speaking English in with an American accent (triple bonus if they are talking about the previous week's exercise) then yes you are being profiled. Not much you can do about it though.
    Quadruple bonus if they each have a different style of dress: Hispanic guy in Dickie's and a white t-shirt, black guy with Air Jordans, jeans, and a Polo shirt with a grossly-oversized polo horse on it, and a white guy in a squadron jersey with cargo shorts and flip-flops.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    Quadruple bonus if they each have a different style of dress: Hispanic guy in Dickie's and a white t-shirt, black guy with Air Jordans, jeans, and a Polo shirt with a grossly-oversized polo horse on it, and a white guy in a squadron jersey with cargo shorts and flip-flops.
    My girlfriend bought me one on those recently and I laughed so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes.

@ The OP

Anyway, why even hang out in the Songton Entertainment district? Walk up over the railway bridge and go to some regular Koren clubs, don't get drunk and stupid though.

Also, show your frigging ID card when asked for it and what is so bad about profiling?

Thread Information