Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I am very surprised.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Question I am very surprised.

Haven't seen the latest incarnation of Tak on the forum. Could he have actually meant what he said when departing? I didn't believe he could stay away from here more than a few days.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: I am very surprised.

I believe he has apologized and ask to come back, but was refused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrake View Post
    Not to stick my oar in to deep because I bet I am missing a nice twist by Greg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    You can keep forcing people to walk between the lines, but the organic nature of this community will result in water finding its level, irrespective of artificial constrictions. I don't know why you guys keep trying to force things. It's not really working, from what I can tell and just annoys loyal posters. But, as has been shown, you can take your ball and go home, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

"That's what I understood too; time and time again. They sure stick to their guns no matter what as 'I' have found out firsthand." (I for one believe for once and always 'Tak/GF has seen his error of his ways)
    Last edited by RobotChicken; 08-18-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

He was permanently banned and will not be allowed back.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Tak has asked me to appear in this slot to tell everyone that he is truly sorry for past transgressions and hopes consideration can be given to another chance. I've gotten to know Tak pretty well. In my opinion, he recognizes that all of us were going too far and wants a chance to try again. He acknowledges that we can't go back to the old ways. He's a strong source of insights into today's Air Force and has a lot of good observations to offer.

As you know, I said I was leaving because of my opinion that those who moderate and administer this forum should identify themselves. I've taken this up with senior management and expect a solution that will make everyone happy. That change will happen. Meanwhile, I simply want to express my opinion that Tak deserves another chance.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

You are 6th or 7th person he has asked, bob. There will be no reconsideration.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Tak had an intermediary also get a hold of me. As a mod, our accounts have permissions to ban and unban accounts. I am unfamiliar with the circumstances of his ban so I forwarded his request to have his account un-banned and it was denied.

As far as having the moderators identify ourselves, I am not really in favor of this for this reason: last week the Forum Administrator was threatened via private message with indirect threats made to the moderators, threats with real work impact not just calling us bad names on the forums. Now, I think this particular user is full of hot air, but who is to say that he isn't or that the next one isn't.

I know that RFD has put his full name, address, phone number and email address out there for the forum but that is a matter of personal choice. I would ask, what benefit does someone on this forum get from knowing my name, rank, service, address or email?
    In Norse mythology, Mjölnir is the hammer of Thor, the Norse god of thunder. Mjölnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome weapons, capable of leveling mountains. In old Norse, Mjölnir is usually interpreted as meaning "crusher." Its power has no equal as a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Tak comeback

Quote Originally Posted by 20+Years View Post
    So if there is a thread about Tak, us missing him as a user, or someone asking will he be allowed back, it will be closed? Really? Thats some kind of moderation right there. Is there actually an all inclusive list of topics that are not allowed by our current moderators? Is there an exact amount of emocons allowed so we all know? Is Friday a bad day to post about crayons in off-topic?

Back to what I would of said on the other thread, but it was CLOSED... I thought before Tak left he might have been practicing for a moderator position. Did anyone else notice he was unofficially moderating conversations and repremanding us? It still makes me wonder.
    Tak sent me a text a few days ago to ask the moderators if he could come back. I'm not sure that I can post what the moderator said (private messages are supposed to stay private) but basically a few other people had already asked for Tak. The response was that he is not welcome back because he was intentionally baiting people into arguments and then pretending to be offended. Basically, he was trolling. I do kind of agree that at times he did troll a bit but other times he offered actual insight. I think most of the trolling problem was solved when they created this off topic forum. If people do not want to see nonsense they can stay in the main area (Air Force). I do think that we should reserve that section for actual serious conversation about the AF but I think off topic should be fair game for just about anything.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Re: if people do not want to see...

One of the big problems was that the nonsense spilled over into every section of the forum. Every question by anyone was answered with snotty attitudes and comments like "that's f-ing stupid." Even new people saying 'hello' for the first time got the same shitty treatment. How many times would you talk to your supervisor if every time you asked a question his response was, "what're you, ****in' stupid?" Spouses, kids, retired, active, reserves and guard come here...or at least use to come here. When a women posts in the spouse/girlfriend section, "my BF is deployed, wish us luck" and the first response is, "you're f***able, come over the my place." Not exactly the kind of environment that encourages conversation, if you follow me.

It was 8 or 10 or 12 people that were, essentially, running everyone else out of the forum. Tak/GF was one of them. And unless you have forgotten, his "sign off post" was something like, "suck my d**k all you motherf***ers." His attitude in private may have been changing, but his behavior on the board wasn't, at least not that much.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    Re: if people do not want to see...

One of the big problems was that the nonsense spilled over into every section of the forum. Every question by anyone was answered with snotty attitudes and comments like "that's f-ing stupid." Even new people saying 'hello' for the first time got the same shitty treatment. How many times would you talk to your supervisor if every time you asked a question his response was, "what're you, ****in' stupid?" Spouses, kids, retired, active, reserves and guard come here...or at least use to come here. When a women posts in the spouse/girlfriend section, "my BF is deployed, wish us luck" and the first response is, "you're f***able, come over the my place." Not exactly the kind of environment that encourages conversation, if you follow me.

It was 8 or 10 or 12 people that were, essentially, running everyone else out of the forum. Tak/GF was one of them. And unless you have forgotten, his "sign off post" was something like, "suck my d**k all you motherf***ers." His attitude in private may have been changing, but his behavior on the board wasn't, at least not that much.
    His locked signing off thread says (Originally Posted by GodFather It was a blast as Takthekak, Tak and Godfather. I am out. I'm off to have fun in a fair forum.

In the words of Tak, piss off wankers!)

Thread Information