Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BMT First Sergeant removed for having different views on gay marriage than CC

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default BMT First Sergeant removed for having different views on gay marriage than CC

Seems like BMT just looks for ways to get back in the news.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article...ous-views-gays

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: BMT First Sergeant removed for having different views on gay marriage than CC

“I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: BMT First Sergeant removed for having different views on gay marriage than CC

Did it bug anyone else that the AF Times article kept referring to his commander as his "company commander?"

Ummm....last time I checked the AF doesn't have companies. The times reportes should have a basic understanding of the differences between the services before they're allowed to write reports IMO. Or at least have an editor who knows his/her stuff.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker View Post
    Did it bug anyone else that the AF Times article kept referring to his commander as his "company commander?"

Ummm....last time I checked the AF doesn't have companies. The times reportes should have a basic understanding of the differences between the services before they're allowed to write reports IMO. Or at least have an editor who knows his/her stuff.
    Maybe it is an inside joke since the AF seems to run itself like a company rather than a branch of the US military?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker View Post

I noticed the same thing..

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

What stands out more to me.. The CC going full on to try and go after the MTI for something fairly petty, and the 1st Sgt apparently being treated like crap for sticking up for the instructor. I truly feel bad for anyone that gets non-vol'd to be an MTI these days.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

[QUOTE=Class5Kayaker;647357]Did it bug anyone else that the AF Times article kept referring to his commander as his "company commander?"

100 percent my fault, and we fixed the "company" instead of "squadron" reference as soon as it was pointed out to me. No offense intended, and I know better.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Ok, this is really eating me up and I just gotta get this off my chest. This guy was my first sergeant in the past in this exact organization. I've been able to judge his abilities as a shirt and know first hand what kind of first sergeant he was. I'm only speaking for myself here, but he was one of the WORST first sergeants I've ever had (BMT or otherwise). From my own personal observations, he gave two poops about the MTI's. He was one of the biggest witch hunters of MTI's I have seen in BMT, and that says A LOT! I just don't have any sympathy for his story because I know directly how many careers he has helped train wreck. Ironically, the other "worst shirt" I've ever had was also a BMT SMSgt, go figure. I'm sure I'll get some negative replies because I know it's easy to sit here anonymously and rag on the guy but there is more to this story........I can promise that.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Haileyfolks,

You are right. I am sure this is more to this story. The guy is one year away from retirement, so if the worst case is he does not make Chief...Still I just am tired of reading articles that revolve around Lackland....I wouldn't mind seeing a positive Lackland story. I am probably asking for too much though.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HAILEYSFOLKS View Post
    Ok, this is really eating me up and I just gotta get this off my chest. This guy was my first sergeant in the past in this exact organization. I've been able to judge his abilities as a shirt and know first hand what kind of first sergeant he was. I'm only speaking for myself here, but he was one of the WORST first sergeants I've ever had (BMT or otherwise). From my own personal observations, he gave two poops about the MTI's. He was one of the biggest witch hunters of MTI's I have seen in BMT, and that says A LOT! I just don't have any sympathy for his story because I know directly how many careers he has helped train wreck. Ironically, the other "worst shirt" I've ever had was also a BMT SMSgt, go figure. I'm sure I'll get some negative replies because I know it's easy to sit here anonymously and rag on the guy but there is more to this story........I can promise that.
    Watch this guy's interview. Complete absolute putz. His interview backups your perception of him. I know he must have his CCAF but must have done extremely poorly on his speech class:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/261016018...=2114913880001

Thread Information