Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drunk Posting

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Drunk Posting

I'm curious if the moderators are on the look out for drunken posting.

While spotting drunken posts can be tricky they usually occur late at night and involve a series of several posts in rapid succession.

Sometimes these posts are emotional in nature but not always.

Drunk posts made from mobile devices really scare the hell out of me!

If we see what we think is a drunk post, should we report it?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Drunk Posting

AA....if it is disruptive, off topic, offensive, or whatever...by all means.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCross View Post
    AA....if it is disruptive, off topic, offensive, or whatever...by all means.
    Who judges what's offensive? (Hoping this question isn't considered off topic and resulting in a lifetime ban)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Who judges what's offensive? (Hoping this question isn't considered off topic and resulting in a lifetime ban)
    No lifetime ban. Not off topic. Just answering his question. To answer yours... Somethings are obviously offensive and won't be tolerated... racial slurs, derogatory remarks towards gender, sexual preference, or something of the sort. Others are not so obvious and might take explaination from the person who finds it offensive. It can be up for discussion in some situations. That being said...I personally don't go straight to a ban unless it is a spammer. I first try a private message or something of the sort before issuing infractions or issuing a ban. I can't speak for all the mods.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I find everything our moderators post offensive. I'm in favor of banning them all.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

@Alex Cross

It's kind of a hobby of mine to spot drunken posts but I never am sure if I've identified one.

I won't report any drunken posts unless they contain racial slurs or other unsavory epithets.

Thanks!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

In effect, everyone does. If a forum member finds a post offensive then you should report it. A moderator or the administrator will take a look.

Me personally, if I see something that makes me double-take I try to look at the context. It is really a judgement call of the moderators and the administrator. Are we perfect? No. Are we trying? Yes.
    In Norse mythology, Mjölnir is the hammer of Thor, the Norse god of thunder. Mjölnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome weapons, capable of leveling mountains. In old Norse, Mjölnir is usually interpreted as meaning "crusher." Its power has no equal as a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    In effect, everyone does. If a forum member finds a post offensive then you should report it. A moderator or the administrator will take a look.

Me personally, if I see something that makes me double-take I try to look at the context. It is really a judgement call of the moderators and the administrator. Are we perfect? No. Are we trying? Yes.
    I'm offended by what you wrote and will be reporting it.

By the way, in your little "signature block" or whatever you want to call it, the period goes INSIDE the end quotes at the end of it. If you're going to be the Morality Police in here, expect the English Nazis to come after you.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Creaminess View Post
    I'm offended by what you wrote and will be reporting it.

By the way, in your little "signature block" or whatever you want to call it, the period goes INSIDE the end quotes at the end of it. If you're going to be the Morality Police in here, expect the English Nazis to come after you.
    It looks like we are both online, report it and I will see if I can moderate a report about one of my own posts. Am still trying to figure out the moderation section.

Thanks on the sig too, will fix it later.
    In Norse mythology, Mjölnir is the hammer of Thor, the Norse god of thunder. Mjölnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome weapons, capable of leveling mountains. In old Norse, Mjölnir is usually interpreted as meaning "crusher." Its power has no equal as a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I think we have a new sock puppet in here.

Thread Information