Thread: Office Fund

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Office Fund

Kind of a spin-off from "office fridge" and "the office snack bar". Has anyone been where there was an office fund where "everyone" contributed like a dollar a month?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Office Fund

I've been in units where they tried to do it. Personally I never participated. I don't need no stinking plaque.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The main reason why I dont like these funds is because they say contributions are not mandatory but all senior ranking expect you to contribute. If they want to make something mandatory just have the guts to do so.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglÚs con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en Úl reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by retiredAFcivvy View Post
    Kind of a spin-off from "office fridge" and "the office snack bar". Has anyone been where there was an office fund where "everyone" contributed like a dollar a month?
    We have always had it to pay for going aways and retirements. Didn't contribute...you got nothing.
    Insert clever quote here...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

It may be called a fund but it's really a TAX. The same as "membership dues" for the Bottom 3, Rising 6 or Top 3. And their viability is spotty at best, usually going under when the one person that managed it leaves or someone gets something significantly disproportionate to everyone else. I paid them for a few months as a green A1C at 1st duty station "because everyone else did" until I thought about it. When the fund manager tried to coerce me into paying up from that point I asked them “If everyone else jumped off a bridge would they?” They usually walked away when they figured out they couldn’t give a good answer.
    Rear Admiral Yancy Graham: You watch yourself, Dodge. You are addressing a superior officer!
    Lt. Comd. Dodge: No, merely a higher ranking one.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Rock and a hard place...people want the unit to do things to make life better...someone has to pay for it...where does the money come from? always someone who doesn't want to pay yet still wants to play (or bad mouths the the ones that do). My only complaint is when the booster club/whoever wants to give more and more stuff away each year. Does the Christmas Party really need presents for everyone? That's where it starts to get too-self serving IMO. Keep it simple, more folks will want to pay and play.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

On active duty while on faculty at AFIT, we ponied up $20 a quarter. That covered water cooler, plaques, flowers for new mothers, the sick, and for funerals (a lot of old folks at AFIT).

As a civvy, we don't do an office fund in my branch. When something comes up, the GS-15s and -14s just pitch in and tell the junior military to keep their money. If we are running a surplus from the snacko, we might tap that too.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." -- Peter Clemenza.

Thread Information