Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: MSgt Promotion Board

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default MSgt Promotion Board

Just had a Wing CC call. We were briefed that by next testing cycle there will be boards for TSgts testing for MSgt. Has anyone else been briefed this?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: MSgt Promotion Board

What about minimum scores as a start. I knew guys that made MSgt by hanging around long enough. What if it was like the PT test where you had to achieve a certain score on each component or you fail. For example, you need at least a 50 on the PFE portion of the test, and the same for the job knowledge. If you can not score at least a 50 on your job knowledge portion of the test by

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

[QUOTE=zeke7142003;646919]What about minimum scores as a start. I knew guys that made MSgt by hanging around long enough. What if it was like the PT test where you had to achieve a certain score on each component or you fail. For example, you need at least a 50 on the PFE portion of the test, and the same for the job knowledge. If you can not score at least a 50 on your job knowledge portion of the test by the time you test for MSgt, you do not know your job.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Consider me unphased. I just don't see the feasibility on this considering the number of folks promotable. That's a lot of friggin records to be lookin at.
    “To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.” - Unknown

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyJ View Post
    Consider me unphased. I just don't see the feasibility on this considering the number of folks promotable. That's a lot of friggin records to be lookin at.
    The AF needs to gainfully employ all of the deadweight SMSgts/CMSgts/LtCols/Cols who will be loosing HQ jobs under the pending realignment. Local boards like the Army does for junior soldiers could easily be implemented as long as there is a standardized scoring system. Imagine if SSgts/TSgts were scored on actual duty performance and not volunteer activities completed during the duty day. There would be an uproar across the entire AF.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tiredretiredE7 View Post
    The AF needs to gainfully employ all of the deadweight SMSgts/CMSgts/LtCols/Cols who will be loosing HQ jobs under the pending realignment. Local boards like the Army does for junior soldiers could easily be implemented as long as there is a standardized scoring system. Imagine if SSgts/TSgts were scored on actual duty performance and not volunteer activities completed during the duty day. There would be an uproar across the entire AF.
    Dont' worry, they will create three or four GO slots to supervise the whole thing...maybe they will even somehow label 'em as "Joint" so they don't count against their ceiling...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

What I don't like is that there has been no publicity to those eligible of what will raise or lower thier score. We are going to see where a TSgt that hadn't completed course 14 by the board cut-off date "should have known". They need to release a list asap of PECODs and the items that might raise/lower a score.

"We will hold promotion boards for TSgt/MSgt. We will let you know after the board what you should have focused on. That is all."
    Advice from JD2780:

"don't post angry"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Should be interesting. A lot of TSgt's who might think they're on fire will get some humble pie when that board score comes back. A lot of MSgt's find that out that hard way.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tiredretiredE7 View Post
    I don't get why so many people get hung up on this. Had a discussion with some NCOs last week on EPRs. One guy could not get past the issue of "having to volunteer". Finally, I pulled up an EPR and asked where on the form did it say "Volunteer". I also explained that I have NEVER kicked back EPR recommending a reconsideration of the rating due to a lack of volunteerism. For awards, I can see how it can play in a bit more, but EPR.....?

Thread Information