Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MCPON orders chief-season standdown amid 'unprofessional behavior' reports

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default MCPON orders chief-season standdown amid 'unprofessional behavior' reports

http://www.navytimes.com/article/201...hief-season-st A couple of comments on this. I bet this was started because someone complained that they were cursed at or something along those lines. Also, it seems that he has been making changes just for the sake of change. The article implies that the MCPON is actually issuing a General Order;I thought that the position was to function as an advisor to the CNO. If anyone should be issuing orders then it should be from the CNO, since he’s his immediate boss. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, but it just doesn't seem right to me.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: MCPON orders chief-season standdown amid 'unprofessional behavior' reports

Stupid question. What is Chief-Season?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: MCPON orders chief-season standdown amid 'unprofessional behavior' reports

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
    Stupid question. What is Chief-Season?
    It is training of First Class Petty Officers for Chief Petty Officer promotion. I just posted the comment because it seems to me that the MCPON is circumventing all of the CMC's and CPO's by ordering a stand down. With all of the experience of the Master Chief Petty Officers why would he need to order a stand down???

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BURAWSKI View Post
    It is training of First Class Petty Officers for Chief Petty Officer promotion. I just posted the comment because it seems to me that the MCPON is circumventing all of the CMC's and CPO's by ordering a stand down. With all of the experience of the Master Chief Petty Officers why would he need to order a stand down???
    IMHO He could give a rats ass what the mess thinks and proves it by his actions.

His message said he had a massive two reports/phone calls because feelings were hurt. Instead of doing an investigation, an all stop was easier. And they were anonymous at that!!

Since the process is so transparent how many more stoppages will we have because someone doesn't want to play? His message even said the tone should not change from phase one to phase two so there will no yelling or any other feelings hurting actions. Hell in San Dog you see Sea cadets and high school football players treated worse.

If this CPO 365 thing works so well then why do they have to be tried/tested and accepted? MCPON says its mandatory so everyone will get a pass anyway least the numbers suck.

**edit Let us just be done with it and put it where you want it sooner then later. Stop trying to put everything on the "mess to train the First Classes then blame it on that mess when things go wrong.

It will hurt for a minute and we will be over it. A two or three week formal school followed by dinner and a handshake. It is where it's going anyway lets just get it over with. Then we can get on to more important things like college degrees and volunteer work.

E-7 365 Class 001 enjoy your year.

^^^^^

*** re-re-edit the last stament was something I have heard multiple time over the last week. As always the mess will get the training done. Just what will the level of acceptance be? I would bet that now the first year of a new Chiefs time will be spent on catching up. Again my opinion don't have a dog in the fight anymore.
    Last edited by Vrake; 08-14-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I was wondering how long it was going to take for this to happen.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Good question.

Without knowing the specifics of what happened, I don't thnk any of us can say with a degree of accuracy why this happened. I have heard a rumour that a couple of Chiefs went overboard when someone decided not to participate (their right) and tried to persuade them to take part in an inappropriate manner, instead of realizing there are times when "no" means "no" and they need to deal with it.

I do realize that there are a lot of people in the Navy that would love to shut the events that go on at this time of year down. I would not be surprised to see one day an order come down shutting the entire process down, with the result 16 Sept. simply is another work day, with the only difference being a Sailor who got advanced to Chief would simply reach into their locker and pull out a NWU blouse and cover with anchors on them instead of a First Class crow before heading off to morning quarters (do they even do such a thing as quarters anymore?).

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bosun View Post
    Good question.

Without knowing the specifics of what happened, I don't thnk any of us can say with a degree of accuracy why this happened. I have heard a rumour that a couple of Chiefs went overboard when someone decided not to participate (their right) and tried to persuade them to take part in an inappropriate manner, instead of realizing there are times when "no" means "no" and they need to deal with it.

I do realize that there are a lot of people in the Navy that would love to shut the events that go on at this time of year down. I would not be surprised to see one day an order come down shutting the entire process down, with the result 16 Sept. simply is another work day, with the only difference being a Sailor who got advanced to Chief would simply reach into their locker and pull out a NWU blouse and cover with anchors on them instead of a First Class crow before heading off to morning quarters (do they even do such a thing as quarters anymore?).
    It is sad. I don't understand why the MCPON couldn't address this with the CPO Mess instead of suspending the training (and thereby making an issue out of which reflects poorly on the CPO Mess). I mean really. It is bad publicity that could have been handled WITHIN the CPO Community instead of going off in a high-handed manner like that. Am I cookoo or living in the Twilight Zone? Apparently.

B. M. BURAWSKI
    Chief Yeoman, U.S. Navy (Ret.)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

http://www.navytimes.com/article/201...hief-season-st A couple of comments on this. I bet this was started because someone complained that they were cursed at or something along those lines. Also, it seems that he has been making changes just for the sake of change. The article implies that the MCPON is actually issuing a General Order;I thought that the position was to function as an advisor to the CNO. If anyone should be issuing orders then it should be from the CNO, since he’s his immediate boss. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, but it just doesn't seem right to me.
    You would think they would know better since there isn't a single enlisted member than can issue an order.... I do find it amusing that he thinks changing the nomenclature will solve the problem...

"He also “sundowned” the term “induction” as it was too often associated with inappropriate behavior."
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

If as stated, there were 2 complaints at a cpo mess, then why would you punish all cpo messes? is this the same as having 2 drunks on a tincan in japan and turning that into a major restriction on the liberty for the whole 7th fleet? --- by the way, another dumb question (sorta) does this cpo 365 deal really include uniform fitting? when during this great leadership training session do you people get to the potty training our future leaders?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Messmates I am here to tell you that it will not stop here. When a person has very little CPO Mess leadership "at sea" and has spent way more time eating in the wardroom than with his fellow Shipmates, it's only a matter of time until this time honored and very important tradition becomes equal to what those in the USA/USAF/USMC and USCG undergo, a handshake and a picture. Stand by for heavy rolls brothers and sisters, there is a wolf in sheep clothing amongst us..........

Thread Information