Thread: IPCOTS and decs

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default IPCOTS and decs

Anyone have any experience with decs during an IPCOT? Also, kind of unrelated, for overseas long tour credit, do you get an oak leaf cluster following your original DEROS (assuming you already had the long tour ribbon)?
    Last edited by jshiver15; 08-04-2013 at 06:57 AM.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: IPCOTS and decs

Sort of the same as in the states but its more programmed. Say youre single on an extended tour which is three years. Year and a half you get a dec, then at the end of the first as if you were PCSing, then start the process over again for the second tour. In theory you could leave with four decs for a six year tour. Not unheard of in the states or overseas for many units. Not sure about the ribbons. I would assume oak leaf cluster.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes on the ribbon. I got my dec at the end of the tours.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Interesting question I have never dealt with this before and I've spent a majority of my career overseas.

If I get lucky enough to go back overseas when I PCS from here I may try for an IPCOT.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I just got an extended long IPCOT approved after already being on an extended long tour. So, overall I'll spend 8 years here.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AFKILO7 View Post
    Interesting question I have never dealt with this before and I've spent a majority of my career overseas.

If I get lucky enough to go back overseas when I PCS from here I may try for an IPCOT.

Same here. I would love to go overseas again. Being stationed overseas was amazing. I would like to be able to get stationed in USAFE one more time.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Overseas is where it's at!
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    Overseas is where it's at!
    Which is why I plan to stay overseas! By the time my tour ends in 2018, I will have spent over 11 years overseas out of 12 years in the Air Force (-9 months for techschool and BMT).

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I've only spent about 2 years of my 13 year career in the states. Started my career in England then went to Altus AFB, OK. Escaped there in early 2005 and have been overseas ever since.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Thread Information