Thread: USAF Sexual Assaults Linked to Climate Change

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default USAF Sexual Assaults Linked to Climate Change

Now that we know that climate change is a factor in sexual assaults, I suggest making airmen wear ice packs or at least walk around with a bag of frozen peas stuffed into their pants.

Rise in violence 'linked to climate change

'By Rebecca Morelle
    Science reporter, BBC World Service

US scientists found that even small changes in temperature or rainfall correlated with a rise in assaults, rapes and murders, as well as group conflicts and war.
    The team says with the current projected levels of climate change, the world is likely to become a more violent place.
    The study is published in Science.

Marshall Burke, from the University of California, Berkeley, said: "This is a relationship we observe across time and across all major continents around the world. The relationship we find between these climate variables and conflict outcomes are often very large."

The researchers looked at 60 studies from around the world, with data spanning hundreds of years.

They report a "substantial" correlation between climate and conflict.

Their examples include an increase in domestic violence in India during recent droughts, and a spike in assaults, rapes and murders during heatwaves in the US. The report also suggests rising temperatures correlated with larger conflicts, including ethnic clashes in Europe and civil wars in Africa.

Read more at:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23538771

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: USAF Sexual Assaults Linked to Climate Change

Wow, is there anything that some "scientist" hasn't linked to climate change...just another excuse to get government grant money to study something that doesn't exist....
    Guess the Battle of the Bulge would be considered as a statistical outlyer.
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_KO View Post
    Wow, is there anything that some "scientist" hasn't linked to climate change...just another excuse to get government grant money to study something that doesn't exist....
    Guess the Battle of the Bulge would be considered as a statistical outlyer.
    Ahh! Didn’t the German and Allied troops get together and sing Silent Night and Oh! Christmas Tree during that battle? It was the cold temperatures that made peace break out in the middle of a war. Once the weather broke and it warmed up they went back to fighting.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Ahh! Didn’t the German and Allied troops get together and sing Silent Night and Oh! Christmas Tree during that battle? It was the cold temperatures that made peace break out in the middle of a war. Once the weather broke and it warmed up they went back to fighting.
    IDK why but you made me think of the zombie movie with the Norwegian-Nazi zombie soldiers in the snow.

http://www.slashfilm.com/dead-snow-m...i-zombie-film/
    Last edited by AFKILO7; 08-03-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

As soon as I saw UC-Berkeley the flag went up. "Substantial correlation" is code for "not excellent or good" correlation. Show your math, hippie!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I wouldn’t hastily through the BS flag on this one.

I see a multitude of opportunities to write point papers suggesting that the Air Force double down on its efforts to fight sexual assaults and climate change. Folks the EPR/OPR fodder opportunities are endless if you just stop and think about it.

Even as a retiree there are numerous opportunities to profit and enrich the community with this.

I’m thinking I can land a very lucrative contract with billeting at Air Force bases world-wide as a result of this study that links climate change to sexual assaults.

How?

I’ll print a bunch of those little placards that you see in hotels that you use to request that housekeeping bring you fresh linen and extra towels.

However, my placards will be different!

First, they will prominently feature happily cavorting dolphins and smiling female airmen and they will admonish the billeting guest to do their part to fight climate change and sexual assault by re-using their towels and linen for the duration of their stay. Doing too much laundry is harmful to the environment and in turn drives up sexual assaults.

My fee will be the cost of providing the cards plus a mere 10% of their reduced laundry savings and a modest administrative and processing charge.

Each base can use this program as a bullet point in their annual report to congress on their efforts to combat climate change and sexual assault so it is actually a double bullet point if you think about it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

You can't trust this study. It was written by Raciss White "scientists" that come from colder climates.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

“I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Thread Information