Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So about that inappropriate material inspection ...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default So about that inappropriate material inspection ...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: So about that inappropriate material inspection ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    What's a woman running - in a tshirt no less - have to do with inappropriate material?

Oh..I see it now.
    Last edited by technomage1; 08-02-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

As an MTI...it has to be different for you to see female airmen with their shirts on and not being able to order that they take them off..
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

nice one! a Girl without freckles is like a night without stars..
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 08-03-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    What's a woman running - in a tshirt no less - have to do with inappropriate material?

Oh..I see it now.

Circuit breakers trippin.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

When deployed, we had a poster of a silhouette of a woman running at sunrise and it said "Just remember that someone is out there running harder than you" and they pulled it out of our gym because they said it was consistent with a culture of sexual abuse. Still haven't figured out how the silhouette of a person can be that offensive.
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post
    When deployed, we had a poster of a silhouette of a woman running at sunrise and it said "Just remember that someone is out there running harder than you" and they pulled it out of our gym because they said it was consistent with a culture of sexual abuse. Still haven't figured out how the silhouette of a person can be that offensive.
    This is a good example of how this can never be "fixed". You have a poster showing a woman running, which should be good as it promotes equality since women are perfectly capable of running and running well. But... it seems having a picture of a woman running somehow promotes sexual abuse. I don't see how either, but as long as someone does I guess it is true. So let's hang up posters showing a man running. But wait! That could be viewed as sexist with the implication that only a man can run like that. Women are equals dammit so show a woman running! We can't, as we have already seen.

Can we show a man and a woman running? They would have to be side by side because if the woman is in front, it may be viewed as a man chasing a woman to sexually assault her. If the man is in front, it may be viewed as the man is athletically superior to the woman. Must portray women as equals.

Can anyone find any possible fault with a poster of a man and a woman running together side by side?
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Ther is nothing wrong with the picture shown in the OP nor was there anything wrong with the gym. The only thing wrong with the offensive material policy is there are idiots "enforcing" it.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    Ther is nothing wrong with the picture shown in the OP nor was there anything wrong with the gym. The only thing wrong with the offensive material policy is there are idiots "enforcing" it.
    You mean like people who pulled the magnetic letters because they had the potential to create offensive messages? That was actually in the report, don't remember what MAJCOM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

You mean like people who pulled the magnetic letters because they had the potential to create offensive messages? That was actually in the report, don't remember what MAJCOM.
    When I was a young troop I used to live to get a hold of magnetic letters to re-arrange and I really caused a lot of mischief once dry erase boards became popular.

Yep, that sort of thing was right up my alley but in all fairness to magnetic letters and dry erase boards, it wasn’t their fault, I was to blame.

I was clever enough not to get caught or spell out anything bad enough to launch an investigation. Well, except for the time I made up a phony person and put him on the inbound personnel board and a SSgt Phil McCracken got put into the CCs briefing slides. They looked into that one.
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 08-07-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Thread Information