Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: To our new ForumModerators

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Thumbs up To our new ForumModerators

Hello MTF,

I'd like to formally announce the presence of new forum moderators. Forum moderators are diligently working behind the scenes to make sure this forum remains fun, interesting, and most importantly, inclusive of all its members Active, Retired, Loved Ones, young, old, and everyone in between.

They were asked to take this on by ForumAdmin as a volunteer and they gladly agreed. Most of these individuals have chosen to remain anonymous and so they will never get a personal thank you for their efforts. Together they have served several decades in the armed forces, and each one of them genuinely cares about our community and with making sure this forum is the best place to gather and engage like-minded folks.

We owe them a debt of gratitude. Let's give them a round of applause.

I would like to thank, personally and on behalf of the staff at Military Times, each of the Moderators for their efforts.

Thank you.
    - ForumAdmin

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: To our new ForumModerators

Thanks for stepping up! Here's to hoping that the efforts are understood and appreciated by all users. Speaking from experience, it is a thankless job for sure.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I add my thanks as well. Now I know what some individuals think of me and that is okay cause I think they know what I think of them. I also know that moderating a forum can be a bigger job than a lot of people realize so again thanks to those who have taken on this responsibility. I look forward to this forum being a place where all interested in military related matters feel welcome and safe.

Always,
    Wildman
    The price of freedom is not free.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

"Great! Now I can be a 'Good Robot Chicken' stress free on here!" (insults I will leave up to you to handle)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RobotChicken View Post
    "Great! Now I can be a 'Good Robot Chicken' stress free on here!" (insults I will leave up to you to handle)
    AN RC post with no smilies?!?

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    AN RC post with no smilies?!?

"I'll save them for a REAL Rainy day just for you 'Crusty' to liven up Your day!" 'RC'.....

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

FA (original), thanks for all that you have done! I think that you showed some real guts!

New FAs, welcome to here and now, in the MTF!

Yep, I know that some of the posters will say something about my stance, but the rules are the rules, and without the rules being enforced, this place was becoming an anarchy.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

'Nite all MTF folks...."

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DocBones View Post
    FA (original), thanks for all that you have done! I think that you showed some real guts!

New FAs, welcome to here and now, in the MTF!

Yep, I know that some of the posters will say something about my stance, but the rules are the rules, and without the rules being enforced, this place was becoming an anarchy.
    I disagree on that point. Considering the MTF narrowly things got pretty heated with a small number of posters contributing to the chaos but I think now we are potentially swinging to the other end of the spectrum.

I consider it a vast difference to have a very spirited discourse (which gets a tinge nasty) and to just throw personal insults and homoerotic taunts. It seems we will now be doing away with both (potentially).

EDIT: perhaps I will be proven wrong. I for one miss JoeB.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Spirited discourse can happen without personal insults. It can also happen without baiting people in order to get a rise. We don't all have to agree on all points but we can all act like adults and not hide behind the anonymity of the internet to say things we would never say in person.

Thread Information