Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sheppard Amn found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in death of base civ employee

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Sheppard Amn found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in death of base civ employee

http://www.aetc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123357970

"Sheppard Airman found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in death of base civilian employee"

So many thoughts on this one...

-- She wasn't "found guilty" she pled guilty. Poor caption from PA. (Good on her for at least admitting her stupidity)

-- Pre-trial agreement to 5 years and still only got 30 months??

-- 30 months!!!??? for killing one of our own!!??

-- where is the public outcry, congressional hearings, or ground-swell of effort to tackle DUI incidents!?

-- Shame on her wingman for letting her get that drunk. (although I do not held them responsible for her DUI)

-- Shame on her for ignoring her wingman's warnings and driving anyway.

Rest in peace, Mike Brown -- thank you for your years of dedicated service in and out of uniform. I hope his family and co-workers can find peace...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Sheppard Amn found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in death of base civ employ

WTF...

Shit like this makes me want to vomit. I don't give 2 shits about how super awesome she was as a person on Airman. She didn't make a "mistake" she committed a CRIME that took someone's life. She should rot in jail for the 10 years she could have gotten.

disgusting

RIP Mike Brown
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Sheppard Amn found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in death of base civ employ

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    WTF...

Shit like this makes me want to vomit. I don't give 2 shits about how super awesome she was as a person on Airman. She didn't make a "mistake" she committed a CRIME that took someone's life. She should rot in jail for the 10 years she could have gotten.

disgusting

RIP Mike Brown
    Both sides agreed on a sentence of less than 5 years. I can only imagine that the family of Mr. Brown even in their deep emotional state didn't want to see this young person life go to waste. That's the only thing I can think as why she got only 30 months.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglÚs con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en Úl reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    Both sides agreed on a sentence of less than 5 years. I can only imagine that the family of Mr. Brown even in their deep emotional state didn't want to see this young person life go to waste. That's the only thing I can think as why she got only 30 months.
    The AF has always given shorter sentences to women. Could this be an example of the AF's lesser expectation of women? Female TI got very little compared to her male TI peers as well.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Shit................more DUI briefings......more wingman days....just because stupid here thought she was Superwoman...
    Formerly Enigmatic Airman...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tiredretiredE7 View Post
    The AF has always given shorter sentences to women. Could this be an example of the AF's lesser expectation of women? Female TI got very little compared to her male TI peers as well.
    Not really out of sync with what the civilian courts would do in a similar case.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

God havent you guys done your SAPR/SARC traning lately. A women is not responsible for her actions even if she has had only one alcoholic beverage geez!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

30 months jail time for taking someone's life does not seem like justice to me.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Sentence seems too short, IMO, also.

0.24 BAC in the MORNING...that girl wasn't driving buzzed, she was driving hammered.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Sentence seems too short, IMO, also.

0.24 BAC in the MORNING...that girl wasn't driving buzzed, she was driving hammered.
    Agree in the sentence being short. She's lucky she didn't kill herself drinking that much, though IMO that would've been preferable to her killing an innocent man.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Thread Information