View Poll Results: Do you want branches of service to have unique uniforms?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 26.47%
  • No

18 52.94%
  • Don't care

4 11.76%
  • I have a better response and will post it.

3 8.82%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Joint Camo

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Joint Camo

I do not see any recent topic of the discussion of one camo pattern for all services (back to the BDU days) and was just curious on your thoughts.

The House passed some legislation recently and now the Senate is making theirs.

Read more at http://www.armytimes.com/article/201...combat-uniform

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Joint Camo

They should have done this from the start, there is very little justification for different basic utility uniforms for the different services, especially in light of the cost.

I will say that some duties may require a specific or special duty uniform that is different than a generic utility uniform, but there is no reason that those uniforms can't be the same across the services also.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Imnohero, do you think we should all be issued MarPat? Or Multicam?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

MarPat for sure. But I am a former Marine so I am alittle partial to it. But for the life of me I will never understand why the hell the Army decided to go with ACU. They spent how many years and money on the study but finally came up with that. Then that brought along the Air Force Tiger Stripes and the retard blue contraption of the Navy. Why not just stick to maybe 1 or 2 patterns?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I'd take the BDUs back in a heart beat.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me exactly what was wrong with them in the first place...
    "Chief, I have never been, or ever will be, a Warrior.
    Doesn't matter how many times you make me say it, it will never be true."

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    MarPat for sure. But I am a former Marine so I am alittle partial to it. But for the life of me I will never understand why the hell the Army decided to go with ACU. They spent how many years and money on the study but finally came up with that. Then that brought along the Air Force Tiger Stripes and the retard blue contraption of the Navy. Why not just stick to maybe 1 or 2 patterns?
    The Army was supposed to decide on a pattern recently before these political decisions and one pattern was similar to MarPat.

Here is the link.

http://www.hyperstealth.com/US4CES-ALPHA/

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

OCPs need some serious work if the current design is on the table... damn things look like shit, fading and wearing through after a couple months of routine use... and for those that actually work, they aren't worth a damn after 6 months. WOuld be a great boon for the supply chain making money off everyone having to replace them.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Personally, I prefer the Marpat camo scheme. However, I don't know enough about the differences in fabric, cleaning, durability, etc. to pick one. That, for me, would be the deciding factor (that is, utility for a utility uniform), not color scheme.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

There was nothing "wrong" with the BDUs. They were an Army uniform (made under an Army contract). When the Army decided to follow the Marines lead and create a service-specific uniform, the BDU was done. Yes, the AF could have picked up the contract, but tried instead for a common uniform for all.

Other than possibly a common pattern (light and heavy weight), does anyone seriously believe there will be a single uniform for all DoD? Lets face facts...how many pockets, location of pockets, slanted or straight, velcro, buttons, reinforced knees, elbows, butts...The only issue I have with uniforms is how much we pay for R&D.

Every former uniform is better than the current: khakis were better than fatigues, fatigues were better than BDUs, BDUs were better than ABUs, and ABUs will be better than the SCCSSAMCDIGUWU (Senate Congress Common Soldier Sailor Airman Marine Coastguardsman Deployed & In-Garrison Utility & Working Uniform)
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    Personally, I prefer the Marpat camo scheme. However, I don't know enough about the differences in fabric, cleaning, durability, etc. to pick one. That, for me, would be the deciding factor (that is, utility for a utility uniform), not color scheme.
    The MARPAT uniform is actually a pretty good uniform to have. I got the best of both worlds actually. My platoon at boot camp was the first regular platoon issued Marpat diggies the the rest before were BDU's. But I had the majority of my uniforms for the whole time I was in (7 1/2 years). The fabric woodland fabric is alittle thicker than the digital, cleaning was AWESOME, and the durability was ok. But I did have a problem a couple times because I split my pants in front trying to carry a box of radio batteries. The only thing I didn't like was that the woodland Marpat would get lighter overtime so you couldn't use a new blouse with old pants. But us Marines are usually sticklers that way about uniforms.

Thread Information