Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is worse off with the rating?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Who is worse off with the rating?

All three airmen are NCOs of equal rank...who is worse off and how would you rate the following airmen?

Airman 1
    - takes many college classes
    works hard at primary duties and secondary duties
    follows orders given by others but doesn't exactly lead at maintenance
    ensures work center meets TO standard in AF database system but the consequence to that is that the Airman is seen at the computer a lot
    has only taken 2 PME course (not official) in one year.
    Volunteered minimally at base level activities off duty.
    Is involved with base organizations and organizes both squadron and base level morale events/activities.
    Sometimes has to take time off to help family but has no paperwork in one year
    met all standards met in initial feedback...EPR close rating...4

Airman 2
    - volunteers 35 of the 52 weekends out of the year for both the base and local community
    sits behind a desk to do primary duties which are mostly admin and is not question openly about computer work
    does not get involve in maintenance unless there is an emergency or critical outage but tells people what maintenance to do
    has squadron level additional duties (including training manager)
    is involved in AF level professional organization
    squadron Safety/SABC/CPR representative.
    No paperwork at all...EPR closeout rating...5

Airman 3
    -does not volunteer unless told to do so (mostly during the duty day)
    took 3 college classes in one year
    does minimal work during duty day, performs maintenance and goes home
    work accomplish is average at best
    co-workers do not have confidence in Airman
    is not involved in squadron or base activities/organizations unless told or force to get involved
    has some issues that required paperwork
    assisted in completing a project...EPR closeout rating...5

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Who is worse off with the rating?

Where are the PT scores?
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I'll bite. Are the three NCO's supervised by different people? Do they work in the same area? If they are supervised by different people and work in a the same area why is #3 rated higher than #1?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Airman 1, 86
    Airman 2, 76
    Airman 3, 94

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AFKILO7 View Post
    I'll bite. Are the three NCO's supervised by different people? Do they work in the same area? If they are supervised by different people and work in a the same area why is #3 rated higher than #1?
    All three airmen are supervised by the same higher ranking person and work in the same job/same work area/same shift

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
    All three airmen are NCOs of equal rank...who is worse off and how would you rate the following airmen?

Airman 1
    - takes many college classes
    works hard at primary duties and secondary duties
    follows orders given by others but doesn't exactly lead at maintenance
    ensures work center meets TO standard in AF database system but the consequence to that is that the Airman is seen at the computer a lot
    has only taken 2 PME course (not official) in one year.
    Volunteered minimally at base level activities off duty.
    Is involved with base organizations and organizes both squadron and base level morale events/activities.
    Sometimes has to take time off to help family but has no paperwork in one year
    met all standards met in initial feedback...EPR close rating...4

Airman 2
    - volunteers 35 of the 52 weekends out of the year for both the base and local community
    sits behind a desk to do primary duties which are mostly admin and is not question openly about computer work
    does not get involve in maintenance unless there is an emergency or critical outage but tells people what maintenance to do
    has squadron level additional duties (including training manager)
    is involved in AF level professional organization
    squadron Safety/SABC/CPR representative.
    No paperwork at all...EPR closeout rating...5

Airman 3
    -does not volunteer unless told to do so (mostly during the duty day)
    took 3 college classes in one year
    does minimal work during duty day, performs maintenance and goes home
    work accomplish is average at best
    co-workers do not have confidence in Airman
    is not involved in squadron or base activities/organizations unless told or force to get involved
    has some issues that required paperwork
    assisted in completing a project...EPR closeout rating...5
    If all 3 were my troops, given what info you've provided, #1 & #2 would most likely get 5's unless there is more to their stories I'm not getting and #3 would be a 4 at best (although a can totally see some crappy sup giving that crappy troop a 5).

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

All three airmen are supervised by the same higher ranking person and work in the same job/same work area/same shift
    Hmm....The ratings smell like poo to me. But then again there could be information that you don't have and were unable to pass along. Are you one of the NCO's? If not, and if you don't mind me asking where are you going with this inquiry?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AFKILO7 View Post
    Hmm....The ratings smell like poo to me. But then again there could be information that you don't have and were unable to pass along. Are you one of the NCO's? If not, and if you don't mind me asking where are you going with this inquiry?
    I am one of the NCOs, but I wont say which one.
    There is also Airman #4 who mirrors #1 but the two things that make that Airman different is #4 took less college courses and he volunteered two more events. Additionally, he won Performer of the month by default (he was the only name submitted to the squadron when asked for a name). So naturally, he gets a 5.
    All the information posted is the best information avaliable for the situation. When you work in a small shop of 8, you pretty much know what goes on with everyone and why they're getting in trouble or being rewarded.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I am one of the NCOs, but I wont say which one.
    There is also Airman #4 who mirrors #1 but the two things that make that Airman different is #4 took less college courses and he volunteered two more events. Additionally, he won Performer of the month by default (he was the only name submitted to the squadron when asked for a name). So naturally, he gets a 5.
    All the information posted is the best information avaliable for the situation. When you work in a small shop of 8, you pretty much know what goes on with everyone and why they're getting in trouble or being rewarded.
    Well with all you've said so far, I would bet good money that you are Airman #1. You feel that you got screwed over, yet there are others you work with who are slackers, but were still given a five (particularly Airman #3).

Not sure why else you would be posting this if you weren't the one who got screwed.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

How does 1, 2, or 3 know what each other received on their EPR???
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Thread Information