Thread: Hazing article

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Hazing article

Hazing charge for pushing someone? What the mother fuck is this bull shit? I guess it's more difficult to be on a high school football team, than it is to be in one of the world fiercest fighting forces? HARDEN THE FUCK UP!
    Last edited by Assaultdog0351; 07-30-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    If I stay in this beloved Corps I vow to try my hardest to put a kink in the careerism and duechebaggary that plagues the ranks in an attempt to prevent the downfall of a lethal, vigorous and purportedly adaptive force.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Hazing article

When I was promoted to corporal I had my blood stripes and chevrons pinned by everyone that was a corporal, all the way up to my gunner. It was a right of passage and I'm glad I went through it. I did not look at it as hazing.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

"My arm was sore big time when I had my first 'Crow' TACKED ON!!" (and we ALL were better for it)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

RC, yeah, but think about the USMC instead of the Navy. Those dudes have both their chevrons punched on, and their blood stripe kicked on, when achieving Noncom status.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Are you referencing this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/04/op...stop.html?_r=0

If you are, "hazing" is the wrong word.

Given the date however, I suspect you are referencing this: http://www.armytimes.com/article/201...-junior-Marine

Again, the charges include not only hazing, but conspiracy, battery and assault. Maybe I have a different understanding of "hazing" but it doesn't include things like these two articles charge.
    Last edited by imnohero; 08-04-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DocBones View Post
    RC, yeah, but think about the USMC instead of the Navy. Those dudes have both their chevrons punched on, and their blood stripe kicked on, when achieving Noncom status.
    "Mine were 'PUNCHED ON", not candy ass 'tacked on'!" (LOL!! 2 weeks later for the 'LOL'.)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Does not sound like that big a deal, but I guess times are changing (changed!). I was curious about this from the article:

Sgt. Matthew McKnight and Cpl. Michael Greenwell, both of 1st Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, were arraigned July 24 aboard Camp Pendleton, Calif.
    How can one be "aboard" a military installation? When you pass through the gate to leave, are you considered overboard?
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by grussem View Post
    When I was promoted to corporal I had my blood stripes and chevrons pinned by everyone that was a corporal, all the way up to my gunner. It was a right of passage and I'm glad I went through it. I did not look at it as hazing.
    "I suppose today's 'Boy Scouts' recruits expect promotion to be like getting 'merit' badges for selling 'girl scout cookies'!" (sorry FA, could.not.hold.back.on.this!)...."Bad Chicken'..I know."

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Does not sound like that big a deal, but I guess times are changing (changed!). I was curious about this from the article:

How can one be "aboard" a military installation? When you pass through the gate to leave, are you considered overboard?
    "If you jump out of a defective AC with out orders what is it called?" (Liberty chit for being ashore, off base,camp,ship etc; A land lubber Base is a command, aka 'Ship')

Thread Information