Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bradley Manning Verdict

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Bradley Manning Verdict

Just FYI, the Bradley Manning trail verdict is supposed to be tomorrow. The news is saying 1pm eastern for the reading of the verdict.

I haven't followed the trial closely, but it doesn't seem likely to me the "traitor" charge will stick. But I guess we'll find out.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Bradley Manning Verdict

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    Just FYI, the Bradley Manning trail verdict is supposed to be tomorrow. The news is saying 1pm eastern for the reading of the verdict.
    I haven't followed the trial closely, but it doesn't seem likely to me the "traitor" charge will stick. But I guess we'll find out.
    Yeah, since the whole Snowden incident came out the mainstream media and Liberals have been trying to label him as only doing what he thought was right and not being a traitor. But the evidence points to the exact opposite.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The article 104 charge (Aiding the enemy) is what I meant by the "traitor charge"

Article 104 reads:
    Any person who—
    (1) aids, or attempts to aid, the enemy with arms, ammunition, supplies, money, or other things; or
    (2) without proper authority, knowingly harbors or protects or gives intelligence to, or communicates or corresponds with or holds any intercourse with the enemy, either directly or indirectly;
    Depending on how exactly the trial arguments went, whether he is found guilty on 104 depends on the interpretation of the 2nd clause. Will the judge find he knowingly had correspondence with the enemy? Not a legal expert but the line between the release to WikiLeaks and the documents found in the BinLaden compound seems a little sketchy.

I was just stating that my opinion is that the judge probably won't find him guilty on that particular charge. I also don't think that the embezzlement charge will stick, the government sustaining the argument that the records themselves were of "value" (in the monetary sense), not so sure.

Obviously, this is all conjecture, the records of the trial are not available to the public, and other than the verdict, neither will be the judges reasoning. We'll find out tomorrow.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

IMO, he's guilty. If you work with classified, you know the drill. You keep your mouth shut about it unless you're told otherwise. You can't make the call the info is old, or it won't hurt the US, or any of the other tripe he's been spouting. You don't do it as a E7 and you sure as heck don't do it as a PFC.

The only exception to this is if you have knowledge of a war crime. Then you let someone know, if not the chain then the chaplain or IG.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post

Unlikely? It is IMPOSSIBLE since he wasn't even charged with treason..... The most serious charge he faces is his charge under article 104-aiding the enemy. He has ZERO charged under Article 106 (espionage and treason).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ng_charges.pdf

BTW, here are 20 pages on the subject;

http://forums.militarytimes.com/show...493#post637493
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I hope they hang that mother fucker for the fuck it then follow it up with a "Merica"
    If I stay in this beloved Corps I vow to try my hardest to put a kink in the careerism and duechebaggary that plagues the ranks in an attempt to prevent the downfall of a lethal, vigorous and purportedly adaptive force.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Assaultdog0351 View Post
    I hope they hang that mother fucker for the fuck it then follow it up with a "Merica"
    Max sentence is life in prison...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Assaultdog0351 View Post
    "The 'proper' way is; Hanging, Then being buried face down, in an unmarked grave."

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

"The 'proper' way is; Hanging, Then being buried face down, in an unmarked grave."

How could we find it to piss on it then? If you are in uniform and you release classified data, you need to be burned at the stake............
    Last edited by 106PADDOCK; 07-30-2013 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Clarity!
    You ride with outlaws - you die with outlaws - Simple justice - Should be done world wide

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Guilty on the lesser charges. Not guilty to aiding the enemy... Sentencing phase begins tomorrow.

--Barak Obama

--John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Thread Information