Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculousness

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Ridiculousness

We have an individual in our work center who is ALWAYS gone. Today he has been here less than 30 minutes. Yet no appointments on the calendar and didn't say anything as to where he would be. This is a CONSTANT issue. Yet no one says anything to him. Or it is just verbal over and over. When he is here he spends the whole time texting. We are the same rank so he doesn't tell me where he is going. He was put in with me so that maybe he wouldn't disappear so much. But no such luck. But he gets an excellent on his PT test so he gets 5 EPRs. So stupid
    Insert clever quote here...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Ridiculousness

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    We have an individual in our work center who is ALWAYS gone. Today he has been here less than 30 minutes. Yet no appointments on the calendar and didn't say anything as to where he would be. This is a CONSTANT issue. Yet no one says anything to him. Or it is just verbal over and over. When he is here he spends the whole time texting. We are the same rank so he doesn't tell me where he is going. He was put in with me so that maybe he wouldn't disappear so much. But no such luck. But he gets an excellent on his PT test so he gets 5 EPRs. So stupid
    You MUST be in my work section...minus the PT test sounds like the same guy.
    To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential. - Unknown

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Are you his supervisor? You said you were of the same rank but if you're in charge of your section then it is your responsibility to control him.
    If not then you should be going to his supervisor and simply ask where ________ is? If the supervisor can't answer that question continue throughout the day asking the supervisor where _________ is? Either the supervisor will finally do something or you'll have to inform the supervisor that you'll need to go to his supervisor for help. It may not make you look good but if you have a problem and the supervisor won't help then you need to up-channel the problem to someone who can help.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Personally, I'd confront him. Not mean or anything, just straight up. Ask him where he goes for such a long time.

Once he knows someone is watching and willing to call him on it, I would bet he sticks around a lot longer. If he doesn't change after being confronted, he doesn't care and needs to win BTZ to civilian status.
    Advice from JD2780:

"don't post angry"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 20+Years View Post
    Personally, I'd confront him. Not mean or anything, just straight up. Ask him where he goes for such a long time.

Once he knows someone is watching and willing to call him on it, I would bet he sticks around a lot longer. If he doesn't change after being confronted, he doesn't care and needs to win BTZ to civilian status.
    Nope. We have tried. He just says that we are both Techs and it isn't my business. Our bosses are civilians and say that we are tattling. There are several people disgruntled over this.
    Insert clever quote here...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
    Look Shaken, just use this phrase: "f@ck it"
    Stop caring, stop giving a shit, enjoy life.
    I agree, but don't do his work either if that is the case.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I would be willing to bet you end up with the majority of the work for TSgts in your section. This is obvious preferential treatment of a male over a female and you could make an easy MEO complaint against your civilian supervisors. All depends how big of a wave you want to make. I made a lot of waves while I was on active duty and I would act on this immediately. However, only you know if you are actually doing a majority of the work in your duty section. This is a chance for you to take a leadership role and fix the problem or tolerate the problem and therefore be part of the problem.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

This is when the rest of the story would be nice, because its tough imagining a guy working 30 min a day and getting away with it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shove_your_stupid_meeting View Post
    This is when the rest of the story would be nice, because its tough imagining a guy working 30 min a day and getting away with it.
    I have seen this twice in my career. I was at a NATO assignment where the entire COMM section would play ping pong and pool for 8 hours a day but this back when COMM was good at their jobs.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Yeah, but at least they were in the work place. To not even be there would seem to be tough to get away with over an extended period of time.

I'm wondering if this character is a loon or something.

Thread Information