Thread: WTF is going on?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default WTF is going on?

Is anyone else following the news posted by the Military Times in reference to the Commandant and the legal issues surrounding the individuals involved in the urinating on dead Taliban fighters? The more I read, the more skeptical I become. Marines are picking up this paper and reading about their Commandant possibly utilizing unlawful influence into the outcome of justice for some of these Marines. Not to mention the fact a Three Star General admitted the Commandant wanted these Marines "crushed", and thrown out of the Corps. Now we have a Congressman poking his nose into these allegations?

WTF.

Furthermore, we are reading the previous Commandants son was shown what appeared to be favoritism by being cleared from the case, promoted, and then given Battalion Command. How the hell are his Marines supposed to view him when they are reading articles about him which insinuate unlawful influence in an investigation exonerating him?

How the hell are other Branches looking at us right now, when these articles are posted in their newspapers as well?

All this talk about holding people accountable, but is it really being done the right way?

Something about this reeks, and makes me really begin to question as to whether Military Justice in the hands of Commanders is truly carried out with impartiality.
    Sgt. Mike / USMC

"To summarize: Three steps must be taken to smash the war racket.
    1. We must take the profit out of war.
    2. We must permit the youth of the land who would bear arms to decide whether or not there should be war.
    3. We must limit our military forces to home defense purposes."

- MajGen Smedley Butler, 'War Is A Racket'.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: WTF is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by E4RUMOR View Post
    Is anyone else following the news posted by the Military Times in reference to the Commandant and the legal issues surrounding the individuals involved in the urinating on dead Taliban fighters? The more I read, the more skeptical I become. Marines are picking up this paper and reading about their Commandant possibly utilizing unlawful influence into the outcome of justice for some of these Marines. Not to mention the fact a Three Star General admitted the Commandant wanted these Marines "crushed", and thrown out of the Corps. Now we have a Congressman poking his nose into these allegations?
    WTF.
    Furthermore, we are reading the previous Commandants son was shown what appeared to be favoritism by being cleared from the case, promoted, and then given Battalion Command. How the hell are his Marines supposed to view him when they are reading articles about him which insinuate unlawful influence in an investigation exonerating him?
    How the hell are other Branches looking at us right now, when these articles are posted in their newspapers as well?
    All this talk about holding people accountable, but is it really being done the right way?
    Something about this reeks, and makes me really begin to question as to whether Military Justice in the hands of Commanders is truly carried out with impartiality.
    I have been following this from the beginning and it has only got worse. I fully understand that under the letter of the law what those Marines did was Illegal. But if you look at the big picture of it and what happened in the days preceding the incident then you can fully understand why they did it. They had a lot of pent up frustration at having fellow Marines wounded and killed a few days prior to that, and they had just killed the "alleged" mastermind of that attack. Hell yeah I can see being pissed off and done something like that.

What I don't like is the Commandant, ever since he has come to power it's been his way or the highway. He has NO Infantry/Ground side background whatsoever, he is a Air Winger by trade. I am not disrespecting him on that, but every one who has been in the Marines knows it is two entirely different worlds between the two. When the Commandant said that he wanted to "crush" those Marines it reminds of this recent case with George Zimmerman. He got his panties in a wad before he even knew all the facts about the case. Once all the facts came out he still didn't care but wanted to have "justice" done his way.

Also what I don't like is one of the Sergeants in the case was pulled from medical retirement to be court martialed. Obviously having TBI and PTSD is enough for the Marines they also want to kick him out with no benefits to speak of.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Political bullshit. I don't condone what was done, yet I understand the moment. Unless you have fuckers shooting at you, planting ied's, an all the other unconventional bullshit these guys are faced with a faceless enemy, it is hard to understand the overwhelming.... Screw it, you get the idea.

I'm drunk and sick and tired of the political three ring circus that puts on their rosy freaking glasses and pretend their hands are clean in all this... This is the shit that happens, now these assclowns need to "act" as if they care and are morally offended; I say bullshit, they want to sit in their leather chairs and arm chair quarterback, judging the actions if those who were caught up in the heat of battle, let them experience some of it, maybe their outlook and headhunting will change.

I apologize for the drunken rambling. That is all.
    Disclaimer: All names, dates and locations have been changed in order to protect the guilty.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Someone needs to give the Commandant a negative counseling, perhaps we can also review the HCC checklist then fill out the proper mentorship papers. Until this happens, we have failed the Commandant.
    If I stay in this beloved Corps I vow to try my hardest to put a kink in the careerism and duechebaggary that plagues the ranks in an attempt to prevent the downfall of a lethal, vigorous and purportedly adaptive force.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
    No need to apologize. Your drunken rambling was a better post than most of the sober posts on this forum.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
    Political bullshit. I don't condone what was done, yet I understand the moment. Unless you have fuckers shooting at you, planting ied's, an all the other unconventional bullshit these guys are faced with a faceless enemy, it is hard to understand the overwhelming.... Screw it, you get the idea.

I'm drunk and sick and tired of the political three ring circus that puts on their rosy freaking glasses and pretend their hands are clean in all this... This is the shit that happens, now these assclowns need to "act" as if they care and are morally offended; I say bullshit, they want to sit in their leather chairs and arm chair quarterback, judging the actions if those who were caught up in the heat of battle, let them experience some of it, maybe their outlook and headhunting will change.

I was going to post before I read this... Can't get any better well said.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Captured British soldiers; Afghan women folks version of tribal waterboarding;

The British officer John Masters recorded in his autobiography that Afghan women in the North-West Frontier Province of British India during the Second Anglo-Afghan War would castrate non-Muslim soldiers who were captured, like British and Sikhs. They also used an execution method involving urine; Pathan women urinated into prisoner's mouths. Captured British soldiers were spread out and fastened with restraints to the ground, then a stick, or a piece of wood was used to keep their mouth open to prevent swallowing. Pathan women then squatted and urinated directly into the mouth of the man until he drowned in the urine, taking turns one at a time.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by waveshaper2 View Post
    Captured British soldiers; Afghan women folks version of tribal waterboarding;

The British officer John Masters recorded in his autobiography that Afghan women in the North-West Frontier Province of British India during the Second Anglo-Afghan War would castrate non-Muslim soldiers who were captured, like British and Sikhs. They also used an execution method involving urine; Pathan women urinated into prisoner's mouths. Captured British soldiers were spread out and fastened with restraints to the ground, then a stick, or a piece of wood was used to keep their mouth open to prevent swallowing. Pathan women then squatted and urinated directly into the mouth of the man until he drowned in the urine, taking turns one at a time.
    "And what else is really NEW in their warfare we do not know??"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

You know these old tribal habits have been around for a couple thousand years. We think of it as barbaric but to them its their heritage. I am sure they were also capable of dropping a few logs simultaneously.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The more articles I read about this whole "Crushed" thing, the more and more pissed off I become.
    Sgt. Mike / USMC

"To summarize: Three steps must be taken to smash the war racket.
    1. We must take the profit out of war.
    2. We must permit the youth of the land who would bear arms to decide whether or not there should be war.
    3. We must limit our military forces to home defense purposes."

- MajGen Smedley Butler, 'War Is A Racket'.

Thread Information