Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: FY14 Enlisted Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA) program (E-6s/E7s)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default FY14 Enlisted Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA) program (E-6s/E7s)

AFPC just released the FY14 Enlisted Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA) program memorandum for E-6s and E-7s.

Please ensure widest dissemination to your eligible personnel.

Basic eligibility criteria is below:

1. The FY14 TERA program will consider Regular enlisted Airmen in the grades of TSgt and MSgt, if they will have at least 15 (but less than 20) years Total Active Federal Military Service by 31 Oct 13. Eligible Airmen must be in non-critical specialties, and must retire 1 Nov 13.

2. Airmen with an approved Date of Separation (DOS) or pending separation or retirement application as of release of this memorandum will not be eligible for the TERA program. If the pending separation or retirement application is disapproved, member may become eligible.

3. TERA-eligible members must submit their applications for retirement from 29 July 2013 through 19 August 2013, for a retirement date of 1 November 2013. Applications must be submitted in time to allow the unit commanders to coordinate by 19 August 2013. No exceptions to the eligible AFSCs, grades, waivers, or retirement dates are allowed. Additionally, late applications cannot be processed due to the established retirement date. Interested members should review the TERA matrix to see if their AFSC and grade are eligible for this program.

4. For further details, go to MyPers website, https://myPers.af.mil/app/answers/detail/a_id/25484, or input 25484 on the main page under Search by Keyword and click on search.
    Who's jumpin'?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: FY14 Enlisted Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA) program (E-6s/E7s)

What kind of retirement can you get? Is it the same as before, a reduction in the percentage?

Don't know why I'm asking as my field is always critical....
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: FY14 Enlisted Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA) program (E-6s/E7s)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    What kind of retirement can you get? Is it the same as before, a reduction in the percentage?

Don't know why I'm asking as my field is always critical....
    From the FAQ's...

Q3. What benefits will I get if I decide to retire early?

A: Members retiring under the early retirement provisions will receive all benefits of a military member retired under the normal 20 year retirement provisions; however, their retired pay will be reduced by 1% for every full year served less than 20 YOS and less than a full year being reduced at the rate of 1/12th of 1% per month. Your local MPS can outline your entitlements for you.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Remember, you lose out on concurrent receipt of VA disability if you'd ordinarily qualify for that.

Edited to add: Actually, it appears I'm wrong on this. I was thinking of 10 U.S.C. 1414, which prohibits concurrent receipt for disability retirees with less than 20 years service. The prohibition doesn't appear to extend to TERA retirees. That's what I get for not checking before posting. My apologies.
    Last edited by SENDBILLMONEY; 07-25-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

If I were at 15-17 and single I would have jumped at this. I am at 19 in a few months with plans to go to 24. At 15 years 45% isn't bad especially since you may not have to pay the Redux back.

4. Recoupment of the Career Status Bonus (CSB) is waived IAW DoD FMR 7000.14-R, Volume 7A, Chapter 66, paragraph 660302-A3.

But then again it may be at 35% without the Redux recoupment

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Anyone struggling with fitness with the right amount of qualifying time should jump at this opportunity. For some, this could mean a retirement pension at age 33; unheard of in the civilian sector.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Tempting but I think I'll stick it out for awhile longer.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Sounds like a good program for 2-3 time PT failures.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I will start the process tomorrow!!!!

Can cops do this? prob not, screw it

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SENDBILLMONEY View Post
    Remember, you lose out on concurrent receipt of VA disability if you'd ordinarily qualify for that.
    Where did you get this info? Is this because concurrent reciept requires 20 years and not an approved retirement? After several back surgeries I'd love to jump on board with 18 years but it's not worth it.
    Never. Let there be no misunderstanding...I am the master baiter around here. --BRUWIN

Thread Information