Thread: Uh, Oh.....Another sex assault case makes the national headlines!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Uh, Oh.....Another sex assault case makes the national headlines!

Yeah, it's Army, but I'm posting this in the Air Force thread because it's the most active on MTF and we all know this will affect us too (with another CBT...this one entitled, "Demand to see three forms of ID before taking her home...."

Click the title of the article to read it (not sure if we can legally re-post full text of a CNN Article on MTF).

Fort Carson soldiers accused of sexual misconduct involving female minors
    By Shawn Nottingham and Barbara Starr, CNN

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Uh, Oh.....Another sex assault case makes the national headlines!

Quote Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker View Post
    Yeah, it's Army, but I'm posting this in the Air Force thread because it's the most active on MTF and we all know this will affect us too (with another CBT...this one entitled, "Demand to see three forms of ID before taking her home...."

Click the title of the article to read it (not sure if we can legally re-post full text of a CNN Article on MTF).

Fort Carson soldiers accused of sexual misconduct involving female minors
    By Shawn Nottingham and Barbara Starr, CNN
    What is "misconduct?"

And what is "minor?"

Every state has different consent laws.

Carnal knowledge is 16 in the UCMJ. Was this just some 18 year olds still with thier 16 year old girlfriend?

This story lacks a lot of details and is meant for nothing but stirring up emotions and controversy.
    Last edited by VFFTSGT; 07-24-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

The age of consent in Colorado is 17; however, there exists in the legislation close-in-age exceptions, which allow those aged 15 and 16 to engage in acts with those less than ten years older and those less than 15 to engage in acts with those less than four years older. However, a 17-year-old can not legally consent to a person that is in position of trust.

18-3-402(1) Any actor who knowingly inflicts sexual intrusion or sexual penetration on a victim commits sexual assault if: (d) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is less than fifteen years of age and the actor is at least four years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the victim; or (e) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is at least fifteen years of age but less than seventeen years of age and the actor is at least ten years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the victim;
    - Wikipedia & age-of-consent.info

UCMJ does state 16 is the age of consent but also that state law will take precedence over UCMJ law in regards to age of consent. Judging by Colorado's age of consent law, I would assume that these Army soldiers are in their late 20's at the youngest if the girls were 15-16. Or it could be a 19 year private who got in the pants of a 14 year old girl pretending to be 18.

It's hard to tell these days, always ask the age! I remember the clubs in the UK in Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds where I'd be approached by a young lady who looked to be in her early 20s and I would find out minutes later into conversation that she is 15, 16, 17 and I would have to make an exit. At the Liberty Club on RAFL, the high school girls are notorious for slipping into the club and having young airmen take them to their dorm room at the end of the night.

The media and many PC "do-gooders" are quick to paint these young men as sexual predators without realizing that many teenage girls today are on the hunt themselves for an "older guy".

Here's an excerpt from a good & honest article in the Daily Mail (UK) written by a woman who, in her high school days, made it a point to try and seduce her teachers and older men.

Looking back at pictures of myself in those days, in some I could be mistaken for a woman in her 20s. It makes me cringe slightly to see them.
    What makes me shudder most is the memory of tricks we used to make ourselves look older; lashings of make-up, short skirts, very high stilettos and hair back-combed to give us more height.
    And why? Because, as teenage girls we quite naturally craved male attention. But not from the spotty, penniless boys of our own age. Oh no. We wanted to catch the eye of 'proper' men.
    Like heat-seeking missiles, we would suss out the cool, older guys - ideally ones with a car and a job - with the intention of enticing them to chat us up and take us out for dates.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    UCMJ does state 16 is the age of consent but also that state law will take precedence over UCMJ law in regards to age of consent. Judging by Colorado's age of consent law, I would assume that these Army soldiers are in their late 20's at the youngest if the girls were 15-16. Or it could be a 19 year private who got in the pants of a 14 year old girl pretending to be 18.

It's hard to tell these days, always ask the age! I remember the clubs in the UK in Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds where I'd be approached by a young lady who looked to be in her early 20s and I would find out minutes later into conversation that she is 15, 16, 17 and I would have to make an exit. At the Liberty Club on RAFL, the high school girls are notorious for slipping into the club and having young airmen take them to their dorm room at the end of the night.
    Art 120 It is a defense, however, which the accused must prove by a preponderance of the evidence, that at the time of the act of sexual intercourse, the person with whom the accused committed the act of sexual intercourse was at least 12 years of age, and that the accused reasonably believed that this same person was at least 16 years of age.

The media and many PC "do-gooders" are quick to paint these young men as sexual predators without realizing that many teenage girls today are on the hunt themselves for an "older guy".
    Very true.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Especially since by the article, the girls had profiles on what appeared to the soldiers as an adult dating site.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Especially since by the article, the girls had profiles on what appeared to the soldiers as an adult dating site.
    Yeap, the girls lied and then likely when the soldiers dumped them, the girls screamed foul...kind of like a drunk girl who consented but the next day feels guilty and dirty and cries foul.

But the girls are innocent teenagers like Trayvon Martin; they can do no wrong.
    Last edited by VFFTSGT; 07-25-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Sigh... the media and their witch hunts. Moving along now...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Nothing new here. Growing up in an Army community, I always saw high school girls sneaking into clubs and bagging a GI. Knew many girls in high school who were dating GIs. Now with social media and dating websites, it's easier for girls to target them, and vice versa. Sometimes the GIs knew the girls' were underage, sometimes they didn't. CJSmith is right, the media is overreacting to this and using it as fuel for their witchhunt.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    Yeap, the girls lied and then likely when the soldiers dumped them, the girls screamed foul...kind of link a drunk girl who consented but the next day feels guilty and dirty and cries foul.

But the girls are innocent teenagers like Trayvon Martin; they can do no wrong.
    Its imo similar to girls who go out get false ids, and go work at bars to pick up dudes, then when its found out they are not legal, the guy gets into all sort of troubles for statutory rape, but you never hear anything about the girls getting done for false ids, working without legal permit etc..

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I just want to know which website this was and if theres one in my area!
    Advice from JD2780:

"don't post angry"

Thread Information