Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: PT Has Gone Too Far

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default PT Has Gone Too Far

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article...-avoid-PT-test

"A former staff sergeant at Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif., tried to get out of her physical training test by recruiting someone stab her in the stomach.

A military judge last month sentenced Alison Mona, 61st Communications Squadron, to 90 days in jail and busted her three ranks, to an E-2, after she pleaded guilty in a special court-martial to filing a false police report and making two false official statements.

Mona told San Diego police Feb. 27 she was grabbing a smoke outside her house before work when she saw someone standing by her car and decided to check it out, according to the charge sheet. “The person pulled my hair, stabbed me in the stomach and ran off,” she reportedly told a detective.

A few days later, on March 6, she offered another account of the stabbing, the charge sheet said. “A man jumped out from the side of the bushes, yanked my hair, pulling my head downward, and shoved what I think was a knife through my side.” She gave a description of the alleged assailant: dark hooded sweater, jeans and dark tennis shoes.

Neither version was true, however.

Monahad enlisted someone to stab her “for the purpose of avoiding her Air Force Physical Training Test,” according to the charging document. The name of the person who stabbed her was redacted.

Following a two-day sentencing hearing, the military judge sentenced Mona to confinement at Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., reduction in rank to E-2, forfeiture of $1,805, and an official reprimand.

Mona could not be reached by phone, said Leslie Jewell, director of public affairs at Los Angeles Air Force Base. Mona declined a written interview request via U.S. mail, Jewell said.

The prosecution and defense attorneyswould not comment, per Space Command policy, saidLt. Col. Andy Roake, spokesman for Air Force Space Command.

Mona’s commanding officer also couldn’t be reached."

Holy smokes! Further proof PT has gone too far. When people are injuring themselves to get out of testing, the program's emphasis really needs to be reexamined. I don't condone what she did, but good grief....
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: PT Has Gone Too Far

I just finished reading that earlier... That kind of thought never crossed my mind. I mean seriously. I don't like pain. What if the person hit you just right and you bled out.
    Insert clever quote here...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Crazy.....guess she don't have to worry about PT ruining her career anymore.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Crazy.....guess she don't have to worry about PT ruining her career anymore.
    That gets her out of the waist measurement. You can reduce your waist... I am proof. 3 inches in 3 months. I busted my ass to do it but I did it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Go hang from the "chin-up" bars for a while, it will straighten out your back and add about half an inch, which will move you up a little on the weight limit...not that you need it. I went from 6' 2" to 6' 2.5" and "passed" the BMI, back in the day.
    success...

I am sure that I am plagiarizing someone.

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice. - Bill Cosby

Oh I Hate To Wait {oih82w8}

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

height doesn't matter now... same standard for all males/females.

I wouldn't have went to that extent to avoid a test.... for a few days of quarters maybe....
    Advice from JD2780:

"don't post angry"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

PT has gone to far? How about laziness and inability to meet standards has gone too far. You know when you test, you know what you have to score to pass. Does it suck? Sure but suck it up, knock it out and press on. I enjoy running as much as I enjoy a stick in the eye, but I know that I need a 13:36 to pass and I make it happen. The USAF seems like its becoming more of a welfare service then a military branch, everyone wants the benifits but...wait i have to stay in shape?? thats BS. I'm no PT GOD by any means but barring some sort of medical condition, it doesnt take much effort to meet the standards for a 75.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mikezulu1 View Post
    PT has gone to far? How about laziness and inability to meet standards has gone too far. You know when you test, you know what you have to score to pass. Does it suck? Sure but suck it up, knock it out and press on. I enjoy running as much as I enjoy a stick in the eye, but I know that I need a 13:36 to pass and I make it happen. The USAF seems like its becoming more of a welfare service then a military branch, everyone wants the benifits but...wait i have to stay in shape?? thats BS. I'm no PT GOD by any means but barring some sort of medical condition, it doesnt take much effort to meet the standards for a 75.

I busted my ass for the last three months since my failure to pass. I lost 3 inches off my waist and was consistently doing 45 sit ups in a minute with no problem. Had a good rythem. Then today I panicked and lost my cool. Stuff happenes sometimes. Would I ever intentiionally hurt myself to avoid PT? No freaking way. I know though that someone can work hard and see results. I see them in the way my clothes fit and when I look in the mirror. I had no idea it was 3 inches. I thought more like 1.5-2. I was ecstatic with 3 inches.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mikezulu1 View Post
    I don't disagree, it's just that I think PT is being emphasized far more than it should.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    I don't disagree, it's just that I think PT is being emphasized far more than it should.
    Which is driving people to take drastic measures. We had a TSgt with 20 years in forge his test. Another guy on base supposedly broke his foot on purpose.

Thread Information