Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: "Doc" Foglesong

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default "Doc" Foglesong

The Man, the Myth, the Legend.

Did you have any experiences with him personally? Were you affected by his "Combat" programs?

Even after retirement, "Doc" ruffled feathers:

"But, in fairness, Foglesong was probably a poor choice for the MSU post, and we wonder if his nomination would have survived a public confirmation process. While no one has ever doubted Foglesong’s honesty or integrity, he had a reputation in the Air Force for being difficult and arrogant (not exactly rare qualities among fighter pilots).

One retired senior non-commissioned officer, who served under the general, described him as “jerk.” Another former Air Force member, posting on the MSU student paper's website, claimed that Foglesong's "extreme micro-managing, petty reprisals and 'dodgy' use of military funds were legendary."
    - In From the Cold: "Doc" Steps Down, 2008

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: "Doc" Foglesong

Damn, a whole thread just for the "man who will not be named." This should be up there with Blutarski. Could you imagine a command with these two DB's?
    Last edited by CJSmith; 07-21-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Was in the UK at the time, under a different command. Not directly affected but cringed everytime I was at the gym and any given AFN commercial block would feature him every single time. Im sure I was affected but I cant place anything at the moment. I do remember combat ________.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

As the 12 AF/CC he would go on runs around the DM flightline, completely ignoring the red lines. When challenged by the SF who didn't recognize him he put the SF dude and his LT at attention until the WG/CC showed up. When not fucking with the SFS who were trying to do their jobs he would call the WG/CC anytime he noticed the AGE not perfectly lined up on flightline.

DOC was truly a Class A D-bag!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    As the 12 AF/CC he would go on runs around the DM flightline, completely ignoring the red lines. When challenged by the SF who didn't recognize him he put the SF dude and his LT at attention until the WG/CC showed up. When not fucking with the SFS who were trying to do their jobs he would call the WG/CC anytime he noticed the AGE not perfectly lined up on flightline.

DOC was truly a Class A D-bag!
    Thankfully I haven't heard similar stories about his son, who is a full bird intel guy. I guess that could be a new topic: children of high-profile officers who are currently serving.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Complete and utter waste of space. Runner up for the worst AF officer ever. Civilians cheered when he was fired from his cushy retirement job.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Doc, wherever he is, should wash his mouth out with a shotgun.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Got an LOR from him once over a AFCM for a SrA. Framed in my home. Guy is/was/always will be a piece of shit. I would punch him square in the face if I ever had the displeasure of crossing paths with him again.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Drackore View Post
    Got an LOR from him once over a AFCM for a SrA. Framed in my home. Guy is/was/always will be a piece of shit. I would punch him square in the face if I ever had the displeasure of crossing paths with him again.
    If you don't mind, what is the story behind this?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Drackore View Post
    What the hell for?

Thread Information