Thread: Bazinga! (I told you so)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Bazinga! (I told you so)

Ever have one of those Bazinga moments where you got to tell someone (usually in leadership) I told you so? (Yes, that is not the "right" thing to do, but it sure is a good feeling!)
    Keesler circa 1999. Had a real dirtbag NPS Airman in my schoolhouse, academically just above sinking, militarily...well he had washed out of USN basic prior to getting in the USAF. Definitely not a keeper.
    We had only 1 written test (open book) in the course back then (that's another story) so naturally he passed it, but was struggling on the hands on portion. I recommended elimination and separation; submitted the package to the TRG/CC for approval.
    Got a call back from TRG/CC office (Capt gp exec type) that package was denied. It was nearly impossible to eliminate anyone from this schoolhouse at that time. This Airman "was one worth saving" was the answer.
    Two days later, guess which Airman failed to salute TRG/CC? ...Guess which TRG/CCE called me to tell me said Airman needed counseling? Guess which MSgt said "Sir, that was the dirtbag I recommended elimination and TRG/CC said he was worth saving". Captain was speechless...Airman was later discharged due to issues (failure to adapt) over on the military training side.
    BAZINGA!!
    "Never force a fart in Djibouti"..."Always marry your second wife first"..."If anyone says that you're not a team player, maybe they're on the wrong team"..."You can gold plate a turd and it's still a turd"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Bazinga! (I told you so)

"My goodness that had to be a 'Kodak' moment when the 'AF' takes a Navy reject and tries too make a 'Zoomie' outta them! Good for you trying to make it work! But then again putting a square peg into a finely oiled machined round hole can't be forced."

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Chief_KO,
    Great I told you so moment. The commander’s expression must have been priceless.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

"I informed you thusly"

Scene: The movie theatre. The line is incredibly long.

Sheldon: Under normal circumstances I’d say, I told you so. But as I have told you so with such vehemence and frequency already, the phrase has lost all meaning. Therefore, I will be replacing it with the phrase "I informed you thusly".

Howard: Ooh. Can’t wait for that to start.

Sheldon: I informed you thusly.

http://bigbangtrans.wordpress.com/se...nd-excitation/
    Last edited by oih82w8; 07-23-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    success...

I am sure that I am plagiarizing someone.

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice. - Bill Cosby

Oh I Hate To Wait {oih82w8}

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Had an airman who was getting admin discharged for failing his CDCs twice. It was all downhill from there. He would get paperwork after paperwork for pretty much being a dumbass coniving little shit. He ended up getting his base driving privileges revoked for not having insurance. We caught him driving again and told the shirt. I was going to call SF to stop him at the gate but the shirt said he didn't want to bring negative attention to the squadron. Since he was such a dirtbag, I tried to get his discharged downgraded to other than honorable because this kid did not deserve any of the benefits he bragged about using once discharged. CC wouldn't hear it. He said he just wanted to get rid of this kid and downgrading his discharge would just prolong the process.

Well this POS ended up getting an admin discharge and kept all his benefits. He outprocessed the base and moved away. A few months down the line, I get an email from the shirt. Seems this kid kept his GTC and charged up almost $5K from renting U-Hauls and eating out all over the southern US. Nobody bothered to have him turn in his GTC while outprocessing.

I replied to the shirt and told him "now you know what a piece of work this kid was and why I was trying to get him dishonorably discharged".

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Renazance View Post
    Had an airman who was getting admin discharged for failing his CDCs twice. It was all downhill from there. He would get paperwork after paperwork for pretty much being a dumbass coniving little shit. He ended up getting his base driving privileges revoked for not having insurance. We caught him driving again and told the shirt. I was going to call SF to stop him at the gate but the shirt said he didn't want to bring negative attention to the squadron. Since he was such a dirtbag, I tried to get his discharged downgraded to other than honorable because this kid did not deserve any of the benefits he bragged about using once discharged. CC wouldn't hear it. He said he just wanted to get rid of this kid and downgrading his discharge would just prolong the process.

Well this POS ended up getting an admin discharge and kept all his benefits. He outprocessed the base and moved away. A few months down the line, I get an email from the shirt. Seems this kid kept his GTC and charged up almost $5K from renting U-Hauls and eating out all over the southern US. Nobody bothered to have him turn in his GTC while outprocessing.

I replied to the shirt and told him "now you know what a piece of work this kid was and why I was trying to get him dishonorably discharged".

Yikes. So he was the turd of all turds, yet trusted enough to out-process on his own, and nobody even felt the need to follow-up and ensure he did what he was supposed to do before he left... even though he wasn't trustworthy? That seems like a pretty crazy approach.

The Unit APC wouldn't know exactly when he was leaving without a heads-up, so it makes me wonder what happened there also. It's nice if a supervisor, shirt, or someone provides that information ahead of time.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shove_your_stupid_meeting View Post
    Yikes. So he was the turd of all turds, yet trusted enough to out-process on his own, and nobody even felt the need to follow-up and ensure he did what he was supposed to do before he left... even though he wasn't trustworthy? That seems like a pretty crazy approach.

The Unit APC wouldn't know exactly when he was leaving without a heads-up, so it makes me wonder what happened there also. It's nice if a supervisor, shirt, or someone provides that information ahead of time.
    You know what is crazy? When I was outprocessing we were in transition to the CSA (Controlled Spend Account) when I outprocessed I had both a CSA and GPC. I didn't have them on me but the APC told me that my GTC was already turned off and the CSA was useless unless I got orders. She told me just to cut the cards up when I got home (I didn't have them with me). All of this was fine and never seemed to be an issue.

Now fast forward about 10 months later. The CSA program was obviously a flop and that command was going back to GPC cards. They re-issued GPC cards to everyone that previously had a GPC and still showed an active CSA. I ended up getting a new GPC card in the mail 10 months after I had separated. I am not sure if it still needed to be activated but I always wondered how many other people also got one in the mail.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shove_your_stupid_meeting View Post

Apparently so. I was deployed when he finally got the boot so I don't know how thorough they were with his outprocessing checklist. In a twisted way, I'm glad it happened. It showed leadership that I wasn't just out to get this kid and that my reason for seeking a downgraded discharge were valid. It also showed to commanders that if they are lazy and seek the minimum punishment just to "get rid of someone ASAP", it'll come back and bite them in the ass.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Watching a MSgt tell my SSgt crew lead to re-wire a 3-phase transformer bank since the MSgt was "certain" it was incorrect. The SSgt argued to no avail and then simply said, "Fuck it", and did as the MSgt said.

Twenty minutes later, power is re-applied to the building followed by a monsterous hum/vibration from the transformer bank & smoke billowing out from the mechanical room. 480 volts of 3-phase power was sent to the facility where 208 volts of 3-phase power was needed. Every water pump, HVAC unit, and in-line transformer was ruined.

I never realized it until years later in my career when I began to understand how the "system" worked differently for SNCOs, but our MSgt's abrupt retirement was directly related to that incident.

Thread Information