Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Parents with "Gender challenged kids"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Parents with "Gender challenged kids"

Just got done watching an episode of the cop show Major crimes (What the closer morphed into), where they were going over a case where the brother of a boy with gender identity disorder (thinking he was a girl all the way back to being 4-5 yrs old) killed him/her, but they initially blamed it on someone else, then the father, then the mother..

What got me about it, was that one of the parents, not just encouraged it, but seemed hell bent (Even going so far to cash in his retirement pension, to help pay for the 75 grand for hormone replacement therapy) was pushing to make it happen.

Maybe its just the "Grognard" in me, but when i was a kid, we didn't have all these young-uns having issues identifying their sex, and how the heck does a 10-12 yr old (let alone a 5 yr old) KNOW they are the wrong sex??

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Parents with "Gender challenged kids"

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    when i was a kid, we didn't have all these young-uns having issues identifying their sex
    We had them, we just called them sissies.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

You don't have to know me very long in order to know that I'm a very liberal person. But, of course... there are limits to everything, and I'm no different. This is where I draw the line.

Now, if upon reaching puberty, a child decides they consider themselves to be the sex completely opposite of what their chromosomes say they are; more power to them. Let them do what they're going to do. They're at the age now where, within the boundries of the house rules that you set, they can take care of themselves.

But an elementary school aged kid, much less a toddler... and parents nurturing this?

If your child is going to be gay or transgender, then let it be because nature took its course.

I understand that in the 1800's and early 1900's, dressing up little boys as little girls (Google child pics of FDR, for example) was pretty common; however, I don't think that the intent back then was to nurture a transgender identity, as is the case now.
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Exactly. I can maybe see a kid in their teens having that, as they should now be old enough to not only know the difference, but understand them and their feelings. but a 5 yr old? COME on.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    We had them, we just called them sissies.
    Yep, now it's diversity!
    You ride with outlaws - you die with outlaws - Simple justice - Should be done world wide

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Exactly. I can maybe see a kid in their teens having that, as they should now be old enough to not only know the difference, but understand them and their feelings. but a 5 yr old? COME on.
    Just to be clear...I agree that 5 yo is way to young to be doing hormone therapy and all this stuff.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Just to be clear, I really don't believe in the concept of being born "the wrong sex." Although I'll use the gender pronouns that a the transgender person wishes to be referred as, do I really BELIEVE in my mind that that's what they are?

Do you?

If you are a heterosexual male; ask yourself this - pick any female celebrity that you think is hot. Mila Kunis, Megan Fox, Beyonce - you can name ANY. Let's say you run into someone who looks EXACTLY like them. You start chatting, you start clicking, and then... they mention to you that they're a post-op transsexual.

Do you continue on? Or do you look elsewhere?

If you say that you do see transsexuals as the sex that they consider themselves, AND, you would actually continue on with the particular transsexual that looks like the celebrity of your choosing; then you are definitely sincere.

I just couldn't do it. I honestly don't think most straight men could.

And... I also wonder how easy or hard it is for transgenders/transsexuals to get dates when they disclose their former gender in the beginning.

If you were a man and are now a woman... a straight man is still going to see you as a man, so he's not going to want you. Why would a gay man want to be with someone that looks like a woman, and probably no longer has a penis? A straight woman won't want you, because she wants someone with a penis and someone who looks like a man. A lesbian won't want you, because she still sees you as a man. And you might not have a vagina.

So who does that leave you?
    "We're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

~Paul Ryan

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I understand that in the 1800's and early 1900's, dressing up little boys as little girls (Google child pics of FDR, for example) was pretty common; however, I don't think that the intent back then was to nurture a transgender identity, as is the case now.
    Not exactly....the dresses were considered genderless and were done in no small part because it is just more convenient to change a diaper without pants...(sometimes even with no diaper).
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Just to be clear, I really don't believe in the concept of being born "the wrong sex." Although I'll use the gender pronouns that a the transgender person wishes to be referred as, do I really BELIEVE in my mind that that's what they are?

Do you?
    I'll say, I believe that there is a biologic difference between men and women, apart from the anatomical, I mean. And that, since it is biological, that the biological chemicals at work in our brains can be "different" in some people...creating, in effect, a woman trapped in a man's body or vice versa.

I do believe that environment and nurture can affect this also...and develop one either more toward or more away from that biological starting point. The biological starting point can be more defined is some people than in others.

If you are a heterosexual male; ask yourself this - pick any female celebrity that you think is hot. Mila Kunis, Megan Fox, Beyonce - you can name ANY. Let's say you run into someone who looks EXACTLY like them. You start chatting, you start clicking, and then... they mention to you that they're a post-op transsexual.

Do you continue on? Or do you look elsewhere?
    I think we've been through this before...I think if that person truly came across as female, then I could give it a run. However, of all those that I've met, there was also something about them that you could tell wasn't 100% female...not sure what exactly it is, but like an aura or pheromones, hormones or what it is...they might "look" female, but you could tell something.

If you say that you do see transsexuals as the sex that they consider themselves, AND, you would actually continue on with the particular transsexual that looks like the celebrity of your choosing; then you are definitely sincere.

I just couldn't do it. I honestly don't think most straight men could.

And... I also wonder how easy or hard it is for transgenders/transsexuals to get dates when they disclose their former gender in the beginning.

If you were a man and are now a woman... a straight man is still going to see you as a man, so he's not going to want you. Why would a gay man want to be with someone that looks like a woman, and probably no longer has a penis? A straight woman won't want you, because she wants someone with a penis and someone who looks like a man. A lesbian won't want you, because she still sees you as a man. And you might not have a vagina.

So who does that leave you?
    I think with the internet, especially, there is someone for everyone
    Last edited by Measure Man; 07-16-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Just to be clear...I agree that 5 yo is way to young to be doing hormone therapy and all this stuff.
    Do you think they are 'old enough' though to "KNOW" that they are of the wrong sex?

Neither do i. Cause it also brings up issues such as
    A) berthing for communal areas.. IE our He-she wants to go camping with her local church/cubs/scouts (what ever). Is he-she tented with the other girls, or boys?
    B) Shower/toilet facilities> Sorry, but imo, if their plumbing is male, they use the men's.
    C) fitness issues. WE all know PT requirements, and sports are separated into mens and women's teams. So would a HE-she be on the men's team? Women's team? Graded on the women's chart or mens?

I'll say, I believe that there is a biologic difference between men and women, apart from the anatomical, I mean. And that, since it is biological, that the biological chemicals at work in our brains can be "different" in some people...creating, in effect, a woman trapped in a man's body or vice versa.
    In that case, have tests been done that show these "Gender identity disorder kids" HAVE those chemical or other imbalances? What of MRI's or other scientific proof, other than some 'psychologist saying they feel that way?

I think we've been through this before...I think if that person truly came across as female, then I could give it a run. However, of all those that I've met, there was also something about them that you could tell wasn't 100% female...not sure what exactly it is, but like an aura or pheromones, hormones or what it is...they might "look" female, but you could tell something.
    I have heard of several who DID have that happen (met a "Hot chick" who turned out to be a post op tranny) and got very violent towards them for (in their opinion) misled.

[QUOTE=Measure Man;640654]

Thread Information