Thread: Looking for Friends, I am from the Desert Storm generation 89' 92'

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Looking for Friends, I am from the Desert Storm generation 89' 92'

I was deployed with the 3/82 FA 1CD from Fort Hood, All fellow vets are welcome as friends.

I am 100% UE, been in the VA system for over 20 years now, got a question ask I might know, if not I can probably help you find what your looking for.

I work on weapons as a hobby, fixing things for friends, firearms, knives, I make Obsidian Knives, been using copper, starting with flint. I reload ammo, my favorite round is the 300RUM, you can load it to any purpose. 1 rifle 5 different loads, covers everything from Precision Shooting and Varminting, to Dangerous Game.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Looking for Friends, I am from the Desert Storm generation 89' 92'

Welcome. I'm a Navy vet, service connected, and been using the local VAMC for health care since 2007. I hate it. Not so much the majority of the medical professionals- although there are a few incompetent ass wipes- but the upper echelon administrators.

Anyways, I'm not much with the firearms even though I grew up around them, but more of a fisherman. At least until my back started going out on me.

Glad to hear from you.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks for the Welcome! I have only dealt with 5 different Vet Centers, Biloxi MS being the absolute worst!, Gulfport MS being an absolute dream, (they closed it after Katrina), Miami FL would get a low rating, New Orleans LA a mid-grade, Jackson MS my current would be just below Gulfport. sorry to hear about the back, I like fishing also, favorite is Red Drum in the Gulf, Bass and Catfish are my favorite fresh water.

I have an messed up right knee and left ankle (hand-grenade), and I had an allergic reaction to the second anthrax injection I Saudi, it has caused (in my opinion) the various vascular and neurological problems I have. I was also at Kymsat (sorry for the spelling), they sent us letters that 20% of us already have cancer, thank God I haven't had to deal with that one.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I only went out hunting twice, both times with my dad for field pheasant; nada! My dad was a big city cop, I would go with him to the police shooting range, and fire off various hand guns. Had my own .22 bolt action rifle when I was twelve. Never an accident, raise to respect guns, and still do to this day even though I've never owned after separation.

I've fished, with my grandfather, since about five or six years old. Grew up on one of the Great Lakes, and prefer walleye or yellow perch. I've also fished salt-water, when we would visit my mom's parents in West Palm Beach, FL. Caught shark, barracuda, black grouper, red snapper(ha-ha-ha), ect.

Good luck with the health. I've always been an active person, and usually watched my diet. Now, even moreso.
    Local VAMC told me that I would have to be wheel-chair bound before I would qualify for surgery. No thanks, I won't let those clowns operate on me! I've seen their handy work on other vets.

Thread Information