Thread: Introduction

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Introduction

Hi my name is Megan. I am nineteen years old and I have been dating my boyfriend for a year. We have been best friends for seven years. Jimmy (my boyfriend) is leaving for the Air Force in about a month. I am so nervous and I don't know what I do or who to talk to. His family is here for me but, they don't really understand. I'm on here because everyone will know my feelings. Thank you for reading this.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Introduction

Hi Megan, welcome to the forum. Thank you for using the large font, my fellow retirees and I (referred to from here on as the "Blue-ID Mafia") appreciate it.
    Most people have no idea what they are getting into when joining the AF, so it's all-good.
    Just to warn you, I don't know if you've lurked this forum, but some folks can be kind of harsh. Like the movie Kill Bill was kind of violent.
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Find the "AF Wingmoms" group on Facebook... tons of great info there. They create private groups for each graduating class, so you can share questions/concerns with others in your loved one's same flight.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi Megan, Please post your best picture and a good number to reach you, along with the exact date that Jimmy will be leaving and one of this board's hospitality committee representatives will get in touch with you. Additionally, Please post a picture of your photo ID confirming that you are over 18 years of age and indeed a female. Welcome to the Air Force Famblee.
    Very Truly yours,
    Rainmaker
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 07-13-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Don't know about AF but know plenty about Military and relationships. When I left for boot I was engaged to my best friend of 9 years and girlfriend for 4. Boot was hard, AIT (i think the AF calls it Tech School) it got better. She was in college in Mississippi, I got stationed in FT Hood Texas. We met almost every weekend in Louisiana. Then I was Deployed to Desert Storm, and like soooooooo many statistics the Dear John followed. Neither of us ever really recovered from it. 8 divorcees between us 23 years later we stay in touch and are civil, both wanting to re-kindle the flame, but neither of us willing to forgive the other, her for me leaving her alone, me for her turning her back on me when I needed her the most. This is my only advice, communicate, about this, commit wholeheartedly, or walk away before he leaves, if he deploys OConus.

Good Luck
    Last edited by CplZZ; 07-13-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Hi Megan, Please post your best picture and a good number to reach you, along with the exact date that Jimmy will be leaving and one of this board's hospitality committee representatives will get in touch with you. Additionally, Please post a picture of your photo ID confirming that you are over 18 years of age and indeed a female. Welcome to the Air Force Famblee.
    Very Truly yours,
    Rainmaker
    Your not even close to being funny....or cute....way to represent!

Thread Information