Thread: outprocessing for deployment

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default outprocessing for deployment

Quick question...

Is there an AFI that dictates how much time you should be allowed to begin outprocessing for a deployment? For some reason the almighty Google doesn't want to help out with this one.

Thanks!

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: outprocessing for deployment

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGUNS85 View Post
    Quick question...

Is there an AFI that dictates how much time you should be allowed to begin outprocessing for a deployment? For some reason the almighty Google doesn't want to help out with this one.

Thanks!
    I don't think there is a definitive time specified...

Out-processing requirements vary based on location you are going to. They are governed by the reporting instructions for that location. You can view these reporting instructions, which have the OP list too, on AEF Online, click on AFRIT.

You may find something in AFI 10-401, 402, or 403.

I've added up all the CBT's you have to do and it came out to something like 72 hours alone (depending on location and if you had to do them all) just spent on doing CBT's...if you did them right and read/listened to them all. This time estimate is based on the AF's on time estimate listed for each CBT.

So, you need at least that much time...lol
    Last edited by VFFTSGT; 07-12-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quick question...

Thanks!
    Ha ha ha.....you really think they would put that in an AFI? There isn't even anything that says you have to be given time to outprocess when you are separating or retiring... common sense would dictate that you need time but.....all the time they REALLY have to give you is time that you have mandatory appointment and the time it takes to get to and from those appointments.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quick question...

Thanks!
    There is definitly no AFI for that because requirements vary too much. When we did exercises at WPAFB we setup a deployment line for outprocessing. It only takes you about 10 minutes to walk through that line then sit through about 30 minutes of condensed briefings and you are done. Of course in the real world we do not deploy in mass but that is how we practice it.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Are you asking how much "outprocessing" time you get (i.e., how much time you get cut loose from the job to get things done as well as get in a little down time before you go)? Like the "outprocessing" time you get before you PCS where you get dropped off the schedule for a week to "outprocess?" If so, then no, there is nothing in an AFI. Unless you're on leave or a CC granted pass, you're on duty until you depart.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

You get as much time as they need you to have. If they need you to go home and grab your bag for an afternoon flight, it's amazing how much of that checklist and all those CBTs suddenly become unnecessary.
    "I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." -Fox Mulder

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I am assuming that you got tasked with a short notice tasking???

If so I am pretty sure that there is no minimum time that you are allotted except the time it actually takes you to get it done, which is amazingly fast in those situations as agency's cater to this situations versus strictly following their own set "rules" that are actually printed on your checklist.

How much notice were you given?

Thread Information