Thread: Computers and Smartphones now illegal in FL-presumed GUILTY if caught with them....

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Computers and Smartphones now illegal in FL-presumed GUILTY if caught with them....

Ha ha ha....this is funny.... The entire state is gonna have to be put in jail...

A new bill passed two months ago by the Florida legislature expanded the definition of a "slot machine" so that it would include regular computers being used as makeshift slot machines, closing a loophole in state laws that legislators said allowed some gambling centers to operate as Internet cafes and adult arcades.

According to the lawsuit, this new definition could include any smartphone or computer in Florida since, in theory, any device with access to the Internet could be used to play an illegal game.

The definition of what is or isn't a slot machine isn't the only issue with the new law. Kaplan says that the law is unconstitutional because of an amendment that presumes a device is a slot machine if "it is used to display images of games of chance" and involves a payout of anything of value.

"Here the burden is shifted," said Kaplan. "It's saying you are presumed to be guilty, now prove to us this really wasn't a slot machine."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/09/tech/g...html?hpt=hp_t5
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Computers and Smartphones now illegal in FL-presumed GUILTY if caught with them..

Yet another reason to not get a smart phone.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Computers and Smartphones now illegal in FL-presumed GUILTY if caught with them..

I wonder what they are going to charge the Fed with? The network(s) of illegal computers the Fed is currently operating in FL is HUGE...
    Last edited by Pullinteeth; 07-10-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Florida could screw-up a wet dream.

Thread Information