Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Re: Robert Dorr's article "Why no new AF Secretary?"

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Robert Dorr's article "Why no new AF Secretary?"

The answer is simple: the Obama Regime abhors the U.S. Military (except when the AF flies him and his family on a $42,000,000 vacation trip to Africa). That includes Joe "The Plagiariser" Biden, John "Swift Boat" Kerry, Charles "I Love Iran & Hamas" Hagel
    Sincerely,
    Dennis B. Swaney, MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
    27570/30474

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I kind of agree with your thinking! Mr. Dorr and you are going to be friends of mine!

Mr. Joe; Newbie, (former Osan AB resident)

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
    If a job can go vacant or be covered, makes ya wonder if needed.
    When you have titles like the Assistant Deputy UnderSecretary to the Deputy Secretary of the Air Force...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Dorr's topic entrance is that not nominating a new secretary shows that the executive branch is just as broken as the legislative one. I'm not sure what the number of days has to do with finding a qualified replacement candidate, but that seems to be Dorr's main support for his argument. He intimates that it's executive neglect...[paraphrase] "doesn't think the AF is important"...but offers no proof. Mr. Dorr, of course, is entitled to his opinion but it amounts to little more than carping.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAD275 View Post
    The answer is simple: the Obama Regime abhors the U.S. Military (except when the AF flies him and his family on a $42,000,000 vacation trip to Africa). That includes Joe "The Plagiariser" Biden, John "Swift Boat" Kerry, Charles "I Love Iran & Hamas" Hagel
    So you think Obama has been controlling the nominations since the '70s? The first acting Sec was Mr. McLucas fom May-Jul '73 (later confirmed as Sec AF). Plummer was acting Sec from Nov '75-Jan '76, Mr. Hans was acting Sec from May-Jul '79 (confirmed), Mr. Aldridge from Apr-Jun '86 (confirmed), Mr. McGovern from Dec '88-Apr '89, Mr. Welch from Apr-May '89, Mr. Donley from Jan-Jul '93, Mr. McPeak from Jul-Aug '93, Mr. Peters from Nov '97 until his confirmation in July '99, Mr. Delaney from Jan-May '01, Mr. Teets/Montelongo/Dominguez/Geren were acting SecAFs covering the priod from Jan '05-Nov '05, Mr. Donely was AGAIN acting SecAF from Jun '08 until his cofirmation in Oct....

Nice try though.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm the author of the column (it is not an article). My name is not "Robert Dorr." I'm Robert F. Dorr, Bob Dorr, or Bob. I want to salute MSgt Swaney for putting his name with his words, even though I disagree with his opinion. One assumes he spelled his name correctly. I wish he'd extended the same courtesy to me. The only way you can come up with "Robert Dorr" for me is to make it up.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    I'm the author of the column (it is not an article). My name is not "Robert Dorr." I'm Robert F. Dorr, Bob Dorr, or Bob. I want to salute MSgt Swaney for putting his name with his words, even though I disagree with his opinion. One assumes he spelled his name correctly. I wish he'd extended the same courtesy to me. The only way you can come up with "Robert Dorr" for me is to make it up.
    We've missed you around here, Bob. Gotta protect the brand and all - I get it. But we (OK, I) have missed you.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    Yes, Bobby, we know that you love your "F."

Is this really how you want to reintroduce yourself to the forum community?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I had a serious feeling of deja vu just now.

"My name is not "Robert Dorr." I'm Robert F. Dorr, Bob Dorr, or Bob"

For the record Bob.......to cite you as Robert Dorr is indeed correct and not an error (and certainly not 'made up'. It may not be how you PREFER to be referred to but it is indeed your name.

Jesus, now I KNOW I am having serious deja vu issues.

Bob, tell us about ID requirements for fly

(Oops, sorry, off topic....never mind)

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    I had a serious feeling of deja vu just now,,.

For the record Bob.......to cite you as Robert Dorr is indeed correct and not an error (and certainly not 'made up'. It may not be how you PREFER to be referred to but it is indeed your name.
    No, TJMAC77SP.

No, it is not my name.

My name is what people (who know me) call me. My name is what appears on my birth certificate. My name is what my mother uses when it's time for lunch. My name is what appears on my photo ID. My name is what I want to be called. My name is what appears on my credit cards. My name is the by-line on the column (not an article) that is the topic of this thread. My name is the by-line on the book "MISSION TO TOKYO."

The only way to come up with "Robert Dorr" for me is to invent it. There is no other way. It appears nowhere. It is not my name.

The issue of a name, incidentally, is one of the reasons I'm lying low in this venue. It's my opinion that the administrator of these pages should have a name and that we're entitled to know what it is. I'm taking that issue up. Until it's resolved, I'm not going to be feeling good about being here. Given the nature of these forums, it's reasonable that participants who lack MSgt Swaney's courage can make comments without saying who they are. That applies to you but not to the admin. I'm going to get it changed. Count on it.

Thread Information