Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sooo what happened with the PT review?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Sooo what happened with the PT review?

Anything? I thought the CMSAF was gonna take six months to review? I haven't seen anything about the review or heard any rumors....odd.
    Insert clever quote here...

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Sooo what happened with the PT review?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    Anything? I thought the CMSAF was gonna take six months to review? I haven't seen anything about the review or heard any rumors....odd.
    I believe the answer to your sig trivia is "Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure".

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Who knows? Maybe it will get sequestered. Here's the funny thing, though. The old AFI had a memorandum attached to it dated 3 Jan 2013. It also states "The guidance in this Memorandum becomes void after 180 days have elapsed from the date of this Memorandum, or upon incorporation by interim change to, or rewrite of AFI 36-2905, whichever is earlier."

So, as of 1 Jul, the guidance on the memorandum is now void. So, technically, everyone should be testing every six months regardless of score, and the old score charts, instructions, etc are now in effect. Now, I'm not pushing this since I have less than zero desire to see this happen, but anyone who fails from 1 Jul until the new guidance is released technically can point to this, though it may or may not help them depending on the circumstances.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    Who knows? Maybe it will get sequestered. Here's the funny thing, though. The old AFI had a memorandum attached to it dated 3 Jan 2013. It also states "The guidance in this Memorandum becomes void after 180 days have elapsed from the date of this Memorandum, or upon incorporation by interim change to, or rewrite of AFI 36-2905, whichever is earlier."

So, as of 1 Jul, the guidance on the memorandum is now void. So, technically, everyone should be testing every six months regardless of score, and the old score charts, instructions, etc are now in effect. Now, I'm not pushing this since I have less than zero desire to see this happen, but anyone who fails from 1 Jul until the new guidance is released technically can point to this, though it may or may not help them depending on the circumstances.
    So what would this change? The minimums?

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

So what would this change? The minimums?
    For most situations not much and not to the benefit of the member. The altitude corrections would be gone. And like I said, everyone regardless of score should test every 6 months now.

But, if I tested and failed, I'd sure be talking to my ADC about how I was read the void instructions instead of the AFI ones, etc.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm no math major, but a 6 month review announced in Feb would put the 6 months up in Aug...
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    I'm no math major, but a 6 month review announced in Feb would put the 6 months up in Aug...
    I was thinking it was Jan....

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

I was thinking it was Jan....
    AF Times story was pushed 5 March. Trying to remember when he came through here and announced it (before it hit the presses). He started the job 24 Jan, so it was in early Feb.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Due to sequestration they had to furlough the review.
    Five Meters of Voided Space.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post

This holds true for all Guidance Memorandums. It is in AFI 33-360. And according the rules, the GM cannot simply be re-issued.

AFPMs and GMs are used to issue or change policy or guidance when there is not enough time to process a new publication or take an action to permanently change an existing publication. The memorandum has a reduced coordination and approval process to expedite delivery, but this reduces opportunity for organizations to evaluate impact. For this reason, the use of AFPMs and GMs must be reduced to only those instances where immediate release is required due to immediate risk to life, safety, property, or mission.
    Isn't it amazing that you cannot break the rules but the leadership can break Air Force rules?!

I think anyone that suffers any adverse action has a result of the GM would have a case against the AF with the BCMR.

Oops, looks like the Air Force changed the rules again... AFI 33-360 has been changed...it now says GM's are valid for 12 months (not 6 months).
    Last edited by VFFTSGT; 07-09-2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: AFI Change

Thread Information