Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle suspensions at Misawa

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Motorcycle suspensions at Misawa

Anyone else see they suspended all motorcyclists at Misawa (except off road). Apparently they had a fatality and the CC there is worried about the number of people riding without the proper licensing procedures. So....instead of checking through the chain all riders they stopped it entirely. To me. That punishes people who are complying with the rules.

Now, I don't ride, never have, never will, its just not my thing. But this does seem like an knee jerk overreaction to me. Can anyone there elaborate, are we not getting the whole story? Or do people agree with the actions by the CC?

The post with the CCs letter is on Misawas Facebook page if anyone wants to read it.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Motorcycle suspensions at Misawa

Im not surprised and as I've stated before after we had a fatality, the WG/CC made it hell on all motorcycle rides. They guy was killed because of a lady on her cell phone, he was wearing all the appropriate items. Just ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Rules for the sake of rules makes for mindless policy and engenders a lack of respect for those who enact and enforce them.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Sad to hear about a fallen rider.

Motorcycle safety is a hot button issue right now. This won't be the last fatality this year, nor will it be the last one with a knee jerk reaction.
    Must be nice to have breakfest with family....Maintenance guys have got it made-BRUWIN

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Damn... I'd be pissed if I was there! Where's the same level of ass pain when someone dies in a car accident? Even worse if it wasn't the guy's fault!
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Seen it before at a few bases. When I first got to USAFE, the whole MAJCOM was suspended from riding for a few weeks due to a few fatalities.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Same things happens with the other services. We are about 5-7 years from a full DoD ban I think.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Seen it happen a few times at other bases.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Never seen one of these bans. Could you still ride a motorcycle at the track?
    Must be nice to have breakfest with family....Maintenance guys have got it made-BRUWIN

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    Damn... I'd be pissed if I was there! Where's the same level of ass pain when someone dies in a car accident? Even worse if it wasn't the guy's fault!
    Exactly. If you're not prepared to make all the automobile drivers hoof it next time there's a car accident, this is extreme overreach.

Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Received)

"Basically it has always been a problem for all services forever; just the nature of the beast. I've been lucky more then a few times since '73 when I started riding; but trying to read so many poor drivers today is way too much multi-tasking taking the enjoyment way out of it; let alone driving my antique car. As for riding a bike, just trailer it to a 'safe area' and go for it; but Hampton Roads is a no-go for me with all the Walmart issued licenses out there! Situation awareness just isn't enough anymore like it used too be." (157,000 miles and now forever putting miles on,in Europe it was way easier to drive and FUN!)

Thread Information