Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Personal Responsibility - the Viagra Bill!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,803
    Likes (Received)
    67
    Thanks (Received)
    6

    Default Personal Responsibility - the Viagra Bill!

    Since Conservatives love regulating vaginas so much, they'll love this one... fair's fair, right?

    Turner’s bill would require men to submit to a psychiatric evaluation, a cardiac stress test and have a notarized letter from their sexual partner confirming their erectile dysfunction before a single Viagra or Cialis tablet can be prescribed. The bill of course is a direct and sharp jab at Republican laws that force women into undergoing unnecessary and sometimes cruel and creepy measures before they can get the abortion they are seeking. In some states it’s even become par for the course to write laws requiring a transvaginal ultrasound, essentially giving the state government the right to shove something up inside a woman all in a sycophantic quest to end all abortions everywhere.http://aattp.org/female-dem-floats-v...n-legislation/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Posts
    518
    Likes (Received)
    79
    Thanks (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Personal Responsibility - the Viagra Bill!

    Honestly, I seriously doubt that most conservatives have a problem with the Turner bill. They probably like it (except for those conservatives with ED).

    Since men should have no right to regulate and control what goes into a woman, then men shouldn't have any legal obligation to financially support any kid that comes out of a woman. If it is her body and her choice, then shouldn't it also be her own financial responsibility?

    Here's an analogy to support my thought...If you give a woman a puppy and she accepts the puppy, are you then financially responsible to support that puppy? It is not a perfect analogy, but perhaps you see my point.

    Here's an idea... Since we give women the right to get an abortion, we should also give men a similar right. Before a child is born, the father of that unborn child should have the right to "abort" his legal and financial obligations as a father. Of course, if the father chooses to "abort" his legal and financial obligations as a father, then he is also "aborting" all his rights as a father.

    .....fair's fair, right?

    (and please try to avoid the personal attacks and shaming language when/if you respond to my post)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SRB
    Posts
    967
    Likes (Received)
    414
    Thanks (Received)
    91

    Default Re: Personal Responsibility - the Viagra Bill!

    USN,

    If you want to follow in Joe's theme about intrusive government action..... What if the only way to volunteer to terminate parental rights/ legal responsibility is to be castrated?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrake View Post
    Not to stick my oar in to deep because I bet I am missing a nice twist by Greg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    You can keep forcing people to walk between the lines, but the organic nature of this community will result in water finding its level, irrespective of artificial constrictions. I don't know why you guys keep trying to force things. It's not really working, from what I can tell and just annoys loyal posters. But, as has been shown, you can take your ball and go home, and there's nothing we can do about it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    5,658
    Likes (Received)
    357
    Thanks (Received)
    56

    Default Re: Personal Responsibility - the Viagra Bill!

    While I understand the lawmaker's point I don't understand the correlation between the steps necessary before taking a prescription medication and the steps taken prior to an invasive surgical procedure. She missed the mark here.

    I didn’t see spelled out anywhere in the opinion piece from an anti Tea Party website the details of the “unnecessary and sometimes cruel and creepy measures” that Republicans have mandated in their bills before a doctor can perform an abortion. Do doctors object to a transvaginal ultrasound as unnecessary for this procedure? In what state is this law that requires such a procedure? Did I miss something?
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SRB
    Posts
    967
    Likes (Received)
    414
    Thanks (Received)
    91

    Default Re: Personal Responsibility - the Viagra Bill!

    http://www.politifact.com/virginia/s...und-requireme/

    It's a dated article, but it lists out the types of ultrasounds required by each state. It references Virginia's attempt at an invasive ultrasound/ pre-abortion, which the invasive portion did not pass.

    Here's another link for a google search.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=tran...&client=safari
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrake View Post
    Not to stick my oar in to deep because I bet I am missing a nice twist by Greg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    You can keep forcing people to walk between the lines, but the organic nature of this community will result in water finding its level, irrespective of artificial constrictions. I don't know why you guys keep trying to force things. It's not really working, from what I can tell and just annoys loyal posters. But, as has been shown, you can take your ball and go home, and there's nothing we can do about it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Right about.....HERE
    Posts
    4,357
    Likes (Received)
    319
    Thanks (Received)
    43

    Default Re: Personal Responsibility - the Viagra Bill!

    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    While I understand the lawmaker's point I don't understand the correlation between the steps necessary before taking a prescription medication and the steps taken prior to an invasive surgical procedure. She missed the mark here.
    I didn't get the correlation either....requiring a medical eval for a perscription drug makes sense...so does a medical eval for a surgical procedure... Now should a lawyer come up with the rules? or should a Doctor? I would lean more toward the doctor but hey, i am neither....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

    --Barak Obama


    You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

    Lord of the Pings

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    5,658
    Likes (Received)
    357
    Thanks (Received)
    56

    Default Re: Personal Responsibility - the Viagra Bill!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    I didn't get the correlation either....requiring a medical eval for a perscription drug makes sense...so does a medical eval for a surgical procedure... Now should a lawyer come up with the rules? or should a Doctor? I would lean more toward the doctor but hey, i am neither....
    I was serious in my confusion. I also am always a bit miffed when elected officials use the process of making a law merely to prove a point. Use the ballot box.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself here.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Posts
    518
    Likes (Received)
    79
    Thanks (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Personal Responsibility - the Viagra Bill!

    Quote Originally Posted by RS6405 View Post
    USN,

    If you want to follow in Joe's theme about intrusive government action..... What if the only way to volunteer to terminate parental rights/ legal responsibility is to be castrated?
    Castration seems a bit drastic. A vasectomy might be an appropriate requirement for a man who desires to terminate his parental rights/legal responsibilities. A vasectomy might also be an appropriate requirement for a man who can not or will not pay his child support payments.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    1,512
    Likes (Received)
    179
    Thanks (Received)
    39

    Default Re: Personal Responsibility - the Viagra Bill!

    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    I was serious in my confusion. I also am always a bit miffed when elected officials use the process of making a law merely to prove a point. Use the ballot box.
    Ah yes, Senator Nina Turner. She has been on my radar for a couple of years now. She is an "up-n-comer" in Ohio politics, and I like quite a few of her ideas.

    I'm just not too thrilled in the manner she goes about the state's business. I wish she would be a little less demonstrative, and thereby more productive.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Opt out
    Posts
    6,988
    Likes (Received)
    512
    Thanks (Received)
    67

    Default Re: Personal Responsibility - the Viagra Bill!

    Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    Honestly, I seriously doubt that most conservatives have a problem with the Turner bill. They probably like it (except for those conservatives with ED).

    Since men should have no right to regulate and control what goes into a woman, then men shouldn't have any legal obligation to financially support any kid that comes out of a woman. If it is her body and her choice, then shouldn't it also be her own financial responsibility?

    Here's an analogy to support my thought...If you give a woman a puppy and she accepts the puppy, are you then financially responsible to support that puppy? It is not a perfect analogy, but perhaps you see my point.

    Here's an idea... Since we give women the right to get an abortion, we should also give men a similar right. Before a child is born, the father of that unborn child should have the right to "abort" his legal and financial obligations as a father. Of course, if the father chooses to "abort" his legal and financial obligations as a father, then he is also "aborting" all his rights as a father.

    .....fair's fair, right?

    (and please try to avoid the personal attacks and shaming language when/if you respond to my post)
    Until men can carry a baby to term, it can never be fair.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •